MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The battery went flat and also run out of fuel on my old R25 derv, so had to jump start the car and let it crank over a lot to get the fuel flowing so it started.

Since doing this, a strange problem occurs with the alarm.

It gets set as normal (press the fob button to arm), the indicators flash 3 times, but the horn keeps going off.

It only stops when pressing the lock button again.

It has never done this before, and has only started today.

Is it possible to disarm the alarm part, but keep the remote central locking from the fob? Obviously if you can, i will need to be PM'd about it, don't want to advertise that fact do we!!!

Really need to get a fix sorted out by wednesday morning, as the finance company is coming to collect it!!

Otherwise i'll just explain that the new owner will have to press the lock button, each time the alarm goes off.

Cheers
Skelo

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Has it got the later round plip? If this is the case it is fitted with what is known as an SCU control unit which is behind the heater/glovebox area. They are notorious for water leaking into them throgh a bulkhead seam, the only cure usually is a new one plus 2 new plips unless you have the barcode labels for the originals. The other favorite is the alarm sounder full of water causing a backfeed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts