MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alarm going off on my 2004 TF 135 when locking with the fob ... but not with the key?
As far as I'm aware it's the standard alarm & round style key fob.
Any ideas?

·
Rover Lifestyle
Rover 200 Rover 600
12,784 Posts
The difference when locking with fob is that your volumetric microwave sensor is activated while when you lock with the key it is not. I would assume you have that sensor implemented in between two seats behined the top of t-bar.
Either something is moving inside your car when locked, or you have microwave owen which is not good very close or some other source of microwave which triggers your alarm.

All of this is under assumption you have this sensor fitted.

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Loads of posts on this isuue on the forum
I had this problem with my 2002 TF (so the earlier fob/system than yours) and I was running around in circles trying to eliminated it as it would tend to be sporadic. I disconnected the microwave but still it did it, night after night. So, Ive never been one to throw money at a problem without sound evidence (because Im tight and an electronics eng) so I gave up and wired the horns via a relay so as they ONLY operated when the ignition was ON. Now, this solved the noise issue (if you have neighbours, you will understand and also need to be considerate to their peace n quiet at 3 in the morning and a set of twin horns sounding...) Some on here berated me for taking this route, but the problem no longer an issue and in an area of low crime-rate and a Forrest of CCTV on my house (I did say I was an electronics eng) I felt safe that it wouldn't be stolen, and in 4 years, it wasn't! If you PM me, I'm happy to guide you through how to do this. TO BE HONEST, I suspected the door-lock microswitches had his-resistance due to corrosion caused by water, but I wasn't prepared to replace them just on a hunch.

·
Registered
215 Posts
2nd the door microswitches, my alarm kept activating sporadically and I then noticed the courtesy lights failed to illuminate when the driver's door was opened, changed the mechanism and all good again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts