MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I recently bought myself a Rover 200. I myself am not a technical wizard and the SRS Airbag warning light alluminates after the engine is started. The first registration date for the car is 96. Since the car is over 10 years old can it be that the warning light indicates that the Airbag module needs to be replaced ? Or does it indicate a malfunction ?

Knd rgds,
Sbs

·
Registered
782 Posts
With the ignition having been off for at least 10 minutes, look under your front seats. You will see yellow connectors attached to the base of the seat, unplug and re-connect these connectors. Then re-check by running the engine.
Otherwise get the vehicle plugged into a diagnostic tester for a code read.

Regards
DaveH

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have checked for yellow connectors under the front seats, only thing I can see is under each seat are two wires in plastic small tube, the tube is yellow the two wires are conntected to the seat by red/black connector. But I don't suppose that what you meant in your mail ? Is it dangerous do drive around with this warning light on ?

·
Registered
782 Posts
Disconect and re-connect the connectors that you have found.

It is'nt dangerous to drive with the lamp on, just means that your SRS system is inactive and won't trigger in an accident.

DaveH

1 - 6 of 6 Posts