MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
04 MGTF Sunstorm 135. VW Arteon RLine 2.0 TSi. Vauxhall Corsa 1.4 SE
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!
When I purchased my TF the passenger airbag blank looked a bit sorry for itself. Not sure if a previous owner had tried to over-clean it (or used it as a foot rest!) but it was a mess of scuffs and missing top colour. I tried touching it up with paint but it didn’t look too good so I acquired some leatherette off eBay in a colour and grain that looks very like my smokestone interior.
I rough sanded the blank then glued (spray carpet glue) an oversized piece of the fabric to it. I then weighted it down overnight while the glue went offthen trimmed it today. Got to say I’m pretty happy with the result!

View attachment 137522

View attachment 137523

View attachment 137524

The eBay seller also has the black similar to the original MGF MGTF grain

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi all!
When I purchased my TF the passenger airbag blank looked a bit sorry for itself. Not sure if a previous owner had tried to over-clean it (or used it as a foot rest!) but it was a mess of scuffs and missing top colour. I tried touching it up with paint but it didn’t look too good so I acquired some leatherette off eBay in a colour and grain that looks very like my smokestone interior.
I rough sanded the blank then glued (spray carpet glue) an oversized piece of the fabric to it. I then weighted it down overnight while the glue went offthen trimmed it today. Got to say I’m pretty happy with the result!

View attachment 137522

View attachment 137523

View attachment 137524

[/URL]
[/QUOT

View attachment 137522

View attachment 137523
Hi all!

View attachment 137522

View attachment 137523

View attachment 137524

Office supplies Office equipment Gadget Rectangle Carbon

Automotive tire Road surface Synthetic rubber Asphalt Rectangle

Car Automotive design Personal luxury car Material property Tints and shades

·
Registered
2002 MG TF VE51FTF
160 Posts
Looks nice, never taken mine off (it already fits bad) but apparently you can cut out some of the metal behind and make it a cubby but I would prefer to hinge the panel, did it look possible?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks nice, never taken mine off (it already fits bad) but apparently you can cut out some of the metal behind and make it a cubby but I would prefer to hinge the panel, did it look possible?
There’s not much room at all behind. There’s a thick cross member runs close behind it which you wouldn’t want to cut out!
Probably just enough room for sunglasses if you created some sort of cubby insert. Probably a lot more trouble than it’s worth!
Maybe consider the passenger airbag upgrade. I’ve seen them for under £25 but not sure if the existing loom includes the wiring.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There’s not much room at all behind. There’s a thick cross member runs close behind it which you wouldn’t want to cut out!
Probably just enough room for sunglasses if you created some sort of cubby insert. Probably a lot more trouble than it’s worth!
Maybe consider the passenger airbag upgrade. I’ve seen them for under £25 but not sure if the existing loom includes the wiring.

·
Registered
2002 MG TF VE51FTF
160 Posts
Thanks mine bugs me because it's out of shape with a terrible shut line but it's about 19 on the jobs to do list so it can wait

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks mine bugs me because it's out of shape with a terrible shut line but it's about 19 on the jobs to do list so it can wait
I think they are all odd sizes! At least you could trim it oversize to dude the gaps?? 🤔

1 - 7 of 7 Posts