MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my inside gauge is showing that the outside air temp is -19 i presume the sensor is faulty can anybody give me a part number and a price for this please

thanks

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Try disconnecting the battery and reconnecting - if it stays @ -19C I would check the connection - failing that it would look like a new sensor.

When I took the bumper off mine I disconnected the fog-lamps, sensor connector - when I reconnected it was at -19C, a reset via the battery did the trick ... HTH

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
Mike will probably come up with the part number but from
http://r75.sytes.net/

"If your temperature display is showing -30deg. then there's a good chance there's a problem with the external temperature sensor. It's mounted on the inside of the front bumper low down on the driver's-side just to the inside of the headlight assembly. It has a plug/connector in the lead just back from the sensor. You should be able to access it from below by removing the under-belly panel from the engine bay. A quick check with a multimeter will show if it's open-circuit (a sure sign of a faulty sensor). Typically the symptoms of a faulty sensor are: display at -30deg. and system blowing hot on any setting except 'Lo'."

Didn't you say you were having Aircon problems as well recently?

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
JTF100160A £11.06

OR

JTF000180 £6.41

Depending on the year and serial number of the car. Prices may be a bit out of date.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
hi
the bumper has been off the car as ive had new fan motor fitted, when i collected the car the temp said -30 but after a few yard drive it went to -19 and stays there, the heater works fine on all settings.

thanks for the part numbers where did you find them? i searched the net for ages and couldnt find anything.

disconnected the battery and it has solved the problem outside temp now showing normal
thx

1 - 8 of 8 Posts