MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know how to remove the big air intake underneath the passenger side headling the one that goes from the fron of the car to the air box

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
just as i expected :( this is too much for me might get it done when it goes for the fog surrounds colour coded its beacuse i want a oversize intake for that BMC i fittet and the airbox intake restiricts the air flow as its size is 60mm compared to the 70mm intake on the BMC

·
Registered
17,398 Posts
It's easy to remove the bumper, 15 min job. They won't remove the bumper to do fog surrounds as they just pop out.

·
Registered
714 Posts
What big air intake??? Is there something im missing? I took my resenator box out and couldnt see anything else that needed to come out!

What am i missin Ashy lol

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lol take out the original air box the pipe that goes to the bottom of it is plastic and goess off towards your passanger side headlight.
then that pipe goes down to behind the foglight ( i think) as from what i can see then there is another pipe comming off that going to this plastic box under the battery which i couldt get out. ashy can you talk me throught the bumper off procedure? thanks

·
Registered
17,398 Posts
lol take out the original air box the pipe that goes to the bottom of it is plastic and goess off towards your passanger side headlight.
then that pipe goes down to behind the foglight ( i think) as from what i can see then there is another pipe comming off that going to this plastic box under the battery which i couldt get out. ashy can you talk me throught the bumper off procedure? thanks
Do a search here for 'bumper removal' it's been covered many times.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
The plastic box thing you couldn't get out is (I imagine) the resonator. These are indeed a pig to remove. Remove the battery and battery tray for easy access.

·
Registered
714 Posts
The plastic box thing you couldn't get out is (I imagine) the resonator. These are indeed a pig to remove. Remove the battery and battery tray for easy access.
Everyone says theyre hard to remove but i didnt find that at all, took me 15mins tops and thats without looking it up on here! And believe me, im not technical minded at all, just short in patience and good at breaking things by using my strength haha :D

·
Registered
17,398 Posts
Exactly WHAT are we talking about here?
If it is the resonator that's a piece of cake, no need to remove the battery tray.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Fair enough, ashy, all I'm saying is I couldnt get the thing out from above or underneath. Taking the battery tray out wasn't brain surgery or time consuming so that's how I did it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts