MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys. i've been looking at previous forums on improving my induction kit, and i like the idea of enclosing it in the 800 series filter housing. i've found three different 800's at the scrappy but all the housings just look like bigger versions of the 200 one. the pics of other people on here that have done the modification make the housing look round?? is there a large roundish housing or should i be ok with one of these large square types?? if i need a rounder one, which model 800 do i need to look for? cheers, jon

·
Registered
25,606 Posts
I'll be an early 800 that you are after. It has the same sort of airbox as the maestro and montego. A round thing with a clip on lid.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers!

Thanks for that guys, i've been looking at the later models i think! i'll have to start the hunt again for the early ones.

in the mean-time i've ordered a heat sheild from demon tweeks. it was only a couple of quid so thought i'd give it a go. i'm sure it wont be as good as enclosing it but until i find one of these 800's, it'll do.

thanks again

·
Registered
680 Posts
would I be able to enclose my Pipercross open cone filter in one of these boxes?
what effect does doing this have on performance?

·
Registered
15,938 Posts
it insulates the filter and with a cold air feed can produce more performance gains as open filters are liable to heat soak and taking hot air from around the engine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts