MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
rover_75
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, Just new to this site so finding my bearings and getting used to how it works. I'm having trouble with my air conditioning. i have a Rover 75 Tourer which is an 02 plate. It is not producing cold air anymore. any suggestions as to what might have happened? much appreciated
T

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
Welcome to the forums TBrice.

I've moved your thread over to the 75/ZT area, where I am certain someone will be able to assist you.

·
Registered
870 Posts
May well be gas related - if its happened gradually, the aircon may just need refilling with gas as is occasionally necessary with any ac system.

If its happened abruptly, it you may have a leak in the system, or a compenent may have failed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Switch blower to 1 and then press air-con button you should hear the compressor kick in. If all you hear is a loud click there is insufficient gas in the system. If the compressor works and there is still no cold air there is some gas in the system but not enough. Contact your local dealer or perhaps yellow pages has details of a mobile operator. Incidently if anyone in North Wales has air-con problems I can thoroughly recommend Cool My Ride 01745 887618 who sorted out my MGZT air-con out today for a very reasonable £50

·
Administrator
79,177 Posts
ZT/75 uses a variable output compressor - there will be no loud audible click, just a soft drop in engine revs.

When you hit the a/c button - do you hear the large cooling fan running at the front of the vehicle?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts