MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

Whats the standard procedure for getting your air con back fully functional again, im aware that you need it re-gassed but what about anti bacterial stuff for it so you dont get listeria poisoning or summin like that? mines been off for a year but want to get it back again but am aware you have to be careful of the little bugs in the system......also whats a good price??????????
Questions Questions thats all I have

·
Registered
734 Posts
You can buy the anti-bacterial cleaner yourself for about £5. Probably worth getting a full service though, this will include a pressure test, check for leaks, full re-gas and antibacterial clean. I paid £58.75 about a month ago

·
Registered
12,373 Posts
Think I need to get to get my aircon looked at, when I turn the thing on, it hardly get's cold. Just ordered a new pollen filter so will be fitting that myself.

How long, on average, does a re-gas last? 12 months? Longer? I know it depends on how much you use the thing but...just wondered :)

Si:)

·
Registered
737 Posts
If your air con doesn't get cold then its either a blocked condensor or the most probably, short of gas.

Gas leaks have no set time - my uncles car loses its gas so fast you hear it and watch the guages fall. On the other hand it may last 1 week, 1 month, 1 year or 2 years. It all depends on how bad the leak is.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts