MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
some of the quotes from the thread

"Rover is a private company and will I'm afraid go under. The company should have been broken up and sold when BMW walked away."

I stated!!

"its a real shame, most other countries embrace their car manufacturing businesses the UK has just abandoned it!

coupled with the fact that most consumers will buy any old foreign rubbish as its a lot cheaper! - tax breaks should of been given a long time ago.

Sadly it looks like 20k plus jobs will go from Rover and associated industries, and the original mini will be in danger due to lack of avialable parts (i know this will please some!).

My thoughts go out to those who have lost their livelyhoods"

Which received these responses...(amongst others) "You sound like a conservative" eh??

"Rover/Austin Rover hasn't built a decent car in over 30 years"

"As for the Chinese wanting to buy it in the first place, they aren't now are they... i guess they finally realised what a sh*t hole they'd be buying"

And such like, its only because i have a real rover mini and not a BINI

·
Registered
560 Posts
I would suggest that most (Not every single one of course) new-mini owners are vacant health-club-going twenty-something estate-agent types who wouldn’t know a good car, or the value to a country of its manufacturing industry, if it ran up and twatted them over the head with their expensive squash racket.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Oh please not this again... the new mini althogh owned by BMW creates vast numbers of british jobs, its a really good handling car. - if it was assembled in India or Germany then there would be something to moan about.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mr_Censored said:
I would suggest that most (Not every single one of course) new-mini owners are vacant health-club-going twenty-something estate-agent types who wouldn’t know a good car, or the value to a country of its manufacturing industry, if it ran up and twatted them over the head with their expensive squash racket.
there does seem to be a 'sort' you're right!

·
Registered
9,700 Posts
robot said:
Oh please not this again... the new mini althogh owned by BMW creates vast numbers of british jobs, its a really good handling car. - if it was assembled in India or Germany then there would be something to moan about.

noone is slagging off the mini, there slagging off the short sighted owners :minxy:

·
Registered
338 Posts
easy now Mr.Censored - i'm an estate agents and love my MGR...

Even though most of my colleagues do buy shyte like Golfs, BMinis etc....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts