MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
31,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is what I miss about working from home - the commute! I dropped Kerrie into work today as we're going down to London later and we're going straight from her work.

I drove back with the roof down, music up and enjoying every minute of it! lol

Apart from the slight intermittant misfire and the brakes that kick like a machine gun when you're doing 70. :(

Oh well, off down to the local TyreSave place (they're a good one) to get them check over the brakes, I'm thinking warped discs.

Great.

Still, Odin's loosening up quite nicely and certainly shifts! Forgot how quick the mpis were!

But then most things are rapid compared to my 75 Diesel! lol

·
Registered
27,269 Posts
All this week I've been able to drive to and from work with the top down. I've found myself going the slightly longer route home of an evening too ;)

·
Registered
84 Posts
James C said:
All this week I've been able to drive to and from work with the top down. I've found myself going the slightly longer route home of an evening too ;)
Ditto!

Also, to those two F drivers yesterday with their hoods up.....for shame :daft:

·
Registered
17,075 Posts
The sun is out, the sky is blue ... and my TF hood is firmly erect and in place and destined to stay so.

However, I have been, and will be, out riding the Triumph for a change. I'd almost forgotten that wonderfull 3 cylinder motor and the huge torque band that makes longgggg bends so exciting.

Back to the "dull" TF tomorrow for shopping and a trip to a wedding in Gillingham.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
I've managed 3 out of 4 days this week with the hood down to work. Its still a bit cold in the mornings for 40miles of motorway driving, but that I guess is what the heater and my wooly hat are for. Must be an odd sight, a chap with a OG wooly hat on, shades, lid down thrashing down the M3.

Thought I was going to get caught in the rain yesterday but didn't. Go a wave from a blue F which was nice.

Working from home today designing electronic circuits, so won't be out in Bob much at all today. That said - when I get sick of op-amps and darlingtons I may well trip off to town to see if I can find some metal polish.

·
Registered
rover_75
462 Posts
SteveChilds said:
But then most things are rapid compared to my 75 Diesel! lol
Hey Steve,

Wait till you start pimping up your 75 CDT performance with the mods suggested on this forum - K&N Air Filter, RoverRon Synergy (Tu4 + MAFAM), Pierberg MAF, Intake MOD etc...

No joke it totally transforms the performance of the car. Doesn't badly hurt the MPG either.

If you are dissatisfied with the performance just give it a try.

Pete

·
Registered
71 Posts
SteveChilds said:
...I'm thinking warped discs....
I may be ignorant, but I thought warped disks was a bit of a myth and is more commonly brake pad residue building up on the disk surface following hard driving? :dunno:

·
Premium Member
31,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah, problem is Kerrie's been driving it, I don't think Hard Driving has anything to do with it! lol ;)

Pete, I may well go down the tuning route with the 75, but thats a subject for another thread! Basically with an engine thats done 160K, I don't want to do much to it!

·
Registered
10,545 Posts
I'll be whipping my top off in a bit, to drive to town, and get my hair cut..
This'll be my first hair cut since chemo! :D

Since I've been off work, I've missed the topless commute too, Steve, so I know what you mean :(

1 - 18 of 18 Posts