MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have rov 600 98 plate, nearside mirror needs replaced, am thinking about putting in electric mirrors, can anyone tell me if connections are in wiring loom, or would I have to run cables, if so would this be a nightmare job,
thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
mg_zt_t
21,927 Posts
Almost certainly they will be there. Most ARGroup/Rover products around that time had one loom which fitted the whole range.

However, I say almost certainly because of the large Honda content with the 600 range, possibly Honda had different looms for the lower spec models. I fitted spot/driving lights to one of my 620ti ~ easy job because the various loom connectors were clipped up behind the light blanks in the front bumper and those for the lights' relay and instrument panel switch inside the car were there unused too.

Remove the door card ( passenger side easiest ) and look for the electric mirror connections. You may find two 'spares' ...I recently replaced the passenger side mirror on one of mine following a sideswipe which cracked the surround ... IIRC, there are TWO small Grey White connectors on the electric mirror ~ one with three wires and a slightly smaller one with two wires. Look for those going 'spare' behind the cards. If they're there, chances are the mirror control part and the rest of the loom on the driver's side will be there too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cheers

thanks guys, replaced window mech few weeks ago, never thought to look aaaahh :O , will get a look at weekend. Red-Rover-TI if the plugs are there would be interested in mirrors and switch, let me know what you looking for plus postage, stay in Edinburgh. My car is BRG, are the covers interchangeable? and ifso is it easy. Will let you know some point over weekend. thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.