MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
mg_tf
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have been using my HardDisk mp3 player in the TF connected to my Head Unit via a FM Modulator, and have now decided I need a better quality connection.

I have tried connecting it via the AUX in on my Head Unit however the Head Unit does not want to recognise the Player.

My question is how easy is it to connect an Amplifier in the car? as I can then get an AMP that has a RCA input I can run the player into!!! am I on the right track.

Any Idea where I may get a step by step guide to fitting an amp in an F/TF as I guess an amp might not be as straight forward to ft an a TF.

Many Thanks

Jas

·
Registered
191 Posts
hmmm i use my ipod via the AUX but i have changed the headunit to a clarion one. What head unit do you have? some units will need to AUX turning on via the HU menus.

People have put amps behind the passenger seat with no problems bbut maybe a more cost effective way would be changing the HU?

Just ideas

·
Registered
mg_tf
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a Kenwood Head Unit, and bought the Kenwood AUX lead hoping that would work, I have done a bit of searching on the net and one site offered the alternative of a Head unit with Inputs on the front. (I think It was an alpine they talked about)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Jas1000 said:
I have a Kenwood Head Unit, and bought the Kenwood AUX lead hoping that would work, I have done a bit of searching on the net and one site offered the alternative of a Head unit with Inputs on the front. (I think It was an alpine they talked about)
JVC - CD MP3 KD-G611 Car radio
from http://www.pixmania.com/uk/uk/89777/art/jvc/cd-mp3-kd-g611-car-radio.html# will do the job. But it only have Auxiliary input in front so you can't control the mp3 player from the HU. but if you have an ipod some HU have a built controler to control your ipod by using your HU Remote control

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.