MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
some idiot pulled out on me today, and went into him, smashing my front bumper and bonnet, not good!!!
so got a few questions if anyone could help:

1. i havent declared my exhaust on my insurance, will i need to take it off, or will i be fine, because it will be going through his insurance??

2. anyone ever claimed for more, for example got a better bumper, and got the other guys insurance to pay for it, if so, how do you do it??

3. and also, i got a pretty big dint in the side of my car from scraping into a parked van, you reckon i could get that sorted on his insurance???

gotta get what you can from these idiots!!! lol lol

any advice would be much appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
18,048 Posts
questions 1 and 3 involve insurance fraud so I'm not going to comment on them, neither will anyone else

question 2 will be covered in your policy, most likely under like for like replacement parts
Matt

·
Registered
190 Posts
unless you know a pre apporved garage to do the work then you wont get better bumpers ect.

for the exhaust get it off real quick the inspector could come have a look and notice it is modified and enquire about it being modded.

as for the scrape would push ya look unless you could get away with it. they might have to give it a full re-spray for a good out come so would have to do it any way. the other way is to get a qoute to do it whilst they are doing the other work. you may find they will give you a good quote as they are getting a lot out of it.

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
you sound like a complete ********.

its people like you that put hikes into insurance prices. claim for whats damaged not what you want. and if you cant afford to insure a car with mods declaired dotn mod it.

sorry thats just my opinion. i crashed my car and got royally screwed, so i see it from the other side. do the right thing.

·
Registered
16,045 Posts
Sorry, but driving about without having all your modifications declared is stupidity, so if you don't get a penny it's all your fault.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Adrian Flux quoted £650 to insure mine with various mods, but by the time the agreement came through i had to add a couple more (like strut brace and rear lights)... and they charged me no extra!

Do it right first time!

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
ThumpJunkie said:
Sorry, but driving about without having all your modifications declared is stupidity, so if you don't get a penny it's all your fault.
indeed! have a think

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
think the points been proven, but guys chill out with it, gonna declare my stuff after this, its not worth all the hassle of not declaring.

point taken on board, and cheers for taking time to reply

1 - 8 of 8 Posts