MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

It's insurance renewal time again. Adrian Flux currently insure Lorna's Mini Cooper and were mega cheap so I thought I'd give them a call this time. And they do seem to be very cheap.

Anyone here have any stories to tell about them? Particularly if you have claimed through them?

Thanks in advance

Phil

·
Registered
796 Posts
My mates with them, he says there very good. At the end of the day mate, if you make a Claim, any/every insurance company will be awkward / pain in the A*S!

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
I use Adrian Flux Special Vehicles for my insurance, never had to claim mind you, so not sure if they are any good in this department. I also got a very good quote for my car.

Steve

·
Registered
47,841 Posts
I've just filled in the online quote with Mr Flux as mines up this month, cheapest quote so far is Churchill at £362

·
Registered
285 Posts
Im with Flux and had made a claim (for my vandalised roof and stolen stereo) they got things moving pretty swiftly actually. Around 3 working days (5 inc the weekend) I had taken the car into a garage for assesment and another 3-4 days the claim form came through. I chose not to go through the insurance as it was cheaper to buy a 2nd hand roof from ebay and do it up myself than pay the excess.
The only downside with Flux (I read someone else had this problem too) is that the policy takes ages to be sent out (although you are covered just no documentation). I had to ring 3 times and got my document 3 months later (as I couldn't tax the car without it)

No real complaints for service here (so far ... touching as much wood as possible)

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
My documents came pretty swiftly after they had check my driving licence, guess it depends on how quickly everything is checked out I suppose.

Steve

·
Registered
14,750 Posts
I might be going with these on the 9th, as mine is up then as well:)

They did me a quote, not special price, but better than most, seemed not to be fussed about mods.

Oooo...good time to ask...
They said...they send some paper through where you have to write down all the mods?

Does the premium increase after you send this back!?
Or what, hows it work like?

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
Looks like I’m the only one who thinks they are a bunch of untrained, unreliable t0ssers then :eyes:

I had my R200 insured with them a few years ago. I had a quote over the phone, accepted it and my documents where sent to me. Week later I had a call from them saying they were sorry but the person who gave me a quote got it wrong and were going to change the policy for the correct one, but I would have to pay an extra £150! After several phone calls and letters they finally agreed it was there fault and I wouldn't have to pay. Everything was fine till renewal time when I changed my car onto a modified car policy. I paid up and waited for the forms that need to be filled in on one of these policies. They arrived, I filled them in and sent them of in the normal post in the pre-paid envelope. 2 weeks later I had a letter saying my policy was to be cancelled as I had not returned the forms :mad:
A phone call later and more forms where sent to me. I filled them in again (and kept a copy this time) and then sent them recorded delivery to ensure they got there.
2 weeks later, guess what? yep another letter saying they had not received to forms and my policy would be cancelled if they didn't get them within the week :eyes:
I then sent a copy of the forms AGAIN by registered delivery and also faxed a copy. They still denied they received the copy I posted but did get the faxed copy.
After a month or so I had not received a certificate from them, so rang them. They said they would send one. Was told its not there practice to issue certificates unless you ask for one specifically eventually I received a cover note.......valid for a month :guns3:
When this was close to expiry and I had not received another I rang them again. And again they sent a cover note for a month. This went on every month till the policy expired, at which point I changed companies. Even though they were a bit more expensive I was willing to pay it in return for good service. Hate to think what it would have been like if I had needed to claim.

AF may have changed now, as this was 3-4 years ago, but I won't be touching them with a very large barge pole in the near future thats for sure.

·
Registered
14,750 Posts
LOL

For a minute there you could easily have been talking about Endsleigh!

This company make me laugh more and more by the day!

Their latest is i still havent got a renewal price, and its up on friday....

CRACKERS!

That does sound like bad service, but as you say, 4 years ago, maybe its sorted out now?

·
Administrator
54,941 Posts
Heard good and bad things as with most companies.

Mainly around the true level of cover you get for any mods (if they even declare them to the under writer).

Make sure it is a like for like policy if you have made changes and want this level of cover.

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
94 Posts
i also think they are a bunch of a******s

last month i had to sell my modified 206CC and swpped it for a new MG ZR. as i got free insurance with the MG i wanted to suspend my policy with flux until march when i get a 307CC 180. i thought they would be happy that i wasn't looking for a refund or anything.

how wrong...... wasn't allowed to suspend and got f*** all back for cancelling even although there was nearly 4 months remaining with a value of £200 pro rata. i asked them to leave the policy runiing instead of cancelling so at least i would benefit from a further 1yr NCD - they wouldn't.

i paid them over £1200 for 2 years cover and the only claim was fora new windscreen of which i paid a £50 xs.

i wouldn't touch them with a barge pole.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts