MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats the easiest (if at all possible not undoing the exhaust manifold bolts - v.rusty !) way to tighten the rod between the wastegate and the actuator, spanners?? what size bolt etc, any way to know when it's the correct tightness, basicly all the info u can throw at me lol

·
Registered
25,606 Posts
In general if you remove the rod from the wastegate, you want to tighten it to about half a hole past where the rod will slip onto the actuator arm. I.e. you'll have to stretch the rod to fit onto the wastegate arm by about half the hole diameter in the rod. It makes more sense with the turbo infront of you.

·
Registered
320 Posts
whats the easiest (if at all possible not undoing the exhaust manifold bolts - v.rusty !) way to tighten the rod between the wastegate and the actuator, spanners?? what size bolt etc, any way to know when it's the correct tightness, basicly all the info u can throw at me lol

my exhaust had to be cut through as the bolts were so rusted! right pain

·
Registered
50 Posts
Would be handy to know myself as I need to sort out a rattle :-( would trying from the underneath be easier? Havn't had a proper look yet, & as I'm a Ti virgin I havn't weighed it up yet!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts