MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
G

·
Thats totally unacceptable although I doubt your ISP will do anything about it. You put your hand in your pocket (I wouldn't have) for others top benefit from and you get this abuse - no way!

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
You have every right to know who won then, you provided them at your own cost. The is the least you are owed. Name and Shame, thats what I say.

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
As I said in my PM to you 7T5, if you wouldn't mind letting me know more information on the e-mails that you received, I can investigate further. Sadly, I can't do anything without this.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Completely unacceptable 7T5 - and I hope that whoever has sent these emails learns to a) get a life and b) that this behaviour is unacceptable!

Your generosity is in not forgotten and I would like to extend my thanks to everyone elses for at least giving us the opportunity to get these sought after items! The reason the identity of the winner momentarily escapes us is simply because we gave each entrant a raffle ticket and took no details and drew the ticket and gave the finishers to the winner - so the ticket (118) is all I know, we just need to get the photos sorted and identify the winner from there ...

Re: your emailer I would notify the admin of these fora and get the user banned

·
Registered
rover_75
2,596 Posts
Hmm I guess it could be one of those children from the Channel 4 Forum myself :( Some people just haven't got anything better to do.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Hi 7T5,
For what it's worth, I felt that your raffle prize was superb & would have loved to have won them myself.
I cannot understand people who abuse the generosity of others.
You have my support - along with, I am sure, the majority of the members of the site.

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
2,464 Posts
I can't imagine a member of the club behaving like that to be honest, it beggars belief. In fact, I'd almost put money on it not being a member of the club!

7T5 said:
all three emails have com from this address
[email protected]
That might not be enough to go on, anyone can setup a hotmail account.

Can you paste up the message header within the email?

That'll get us the IP address of the sender, which (with Ian or Mike's help?) can be matched to the IP address of the forum member.

Game over sunshine :guns:

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
Great suggestion RichK - and indeed I can trace the IP address and see if it matches to a forum member.

·
Registered
rover_75
2,596 Posts
IanRobertson said:
Great suggestion RichK - and indeed I can trace the IP address and see if it matches to a forum member.
Assuming they haven't used an anonymous proxy... then again they probably ain't that clever ;)

·
Registered
83 Posts
email

Hi 7t5 dont let the sad so &so get to you mate we all think it was great of you to donate them the club dont give the forum mate just for one sicko.:rotflmao: keep smiling mate

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
This is absolutely unnacceptable. If you need help on this let me know and I can take action against the person via their ISP. In the meantime I'll take a look at this person via the details you have posted. Can no-one please retaliate by sending messages back however.

·
Registered
rover_75
2,596 Posts
V8King said:
This is absolutely unnacceptable. If you need help on this let me know and I can take action against the person via their ISP. In the meantime I'll take a look at this person via the details you have posted. Can no-one please retaliate by sending messages back however.
That's assuming that address actually exists. Using a spoofed 'Reply-to' address is the oldest trick in the book, hence why the whole e-mail + headers are needed.

·
Registered
mg_tf
2,364 Posts
hi martin please don,t give up the site for the sake the idiot who sent you the e-mail and was not man enough to give a name . As the others have said it probably was not anyone on here ,just someone browsing the site and picked up on the thread .I know better than any one the trouble you went to sourcing the door finishers as I am the gratefull recipient of one of the sets you found.The site is better for having members like yourself and it would be a sad loss if you gave it up.I am sure this echoes the feelings of all the members of this site

·
Registered
399 Posts
actros said:
Hi 7t5 dont let the sad so &so get to you mate we all think it was great of you to donate them the club dont give the forum mate just for one sicko.:rotflmao: keep smiling mate
I totally agree!!

7T5, as an individual, you donated these door finishers. They cost you money, you didn't have to donate them, you weren't getting publicity for a business (or at least, if you were, you failed miserably :bgrin2: ), or salving any sort of guilt as might have been the case if this were some sort of charity raffle. You simply did it to be nice and help make someone else's day.

It is people like you who make these forums and owners' clubs far more than just somewhere to find information. The fact that you've only been a member since April makes your gesture all the more impressive.

I am sure that everyone will agree that it was a shame that nobody could tell you immediately who had won. Ken, Christopher & Co did a superb job of ensuring everyone had a wonderful day out, and it would be very sad for them to feel bad about all of this, as I am sure it was no more than a mere accidental oversight.

With regards to the number of people there and nobody remembering, I was one of the people there, and I saw the chap come up to accept his prize with a big smile on his face but no, unfortunately I couldn't tell you who won them. This wasn't due to complacency, but simply down to the fact that I, like I'm sure many of the people there, was at my first such event, and there were too many people there to talk to everyone. Please don't think this was just a case of people not caring.

There is of course absolutely no justification what so ever for the sub-human little pillock who sent you those emails!

Had I won the door finishers, it wouldn't have made any difference if they had been made out of solid silver or tin foil glued onto cardboard, because the thought behind the gesture would've always meant more than the actual finishers. One of my fellow 260 owners very kindly donated a mustang emblem missing off my engine, and every time I look at it, I am reminded of just how generous some people are. The only difference with the door finishers would've been that I saw them every time I walked to the car, not just when I looked under the bonnet!

Please, please don't let the combination of one moron and an accidental oversight on the part of some very generous, hard-working and I am sure currently very upset people drive you away from the club or the forum. This forum would be a worse place without you, and hopefully the sentiment of all the replies to this thread will help to convince you of that.

Just in case that wasn't clear enough......

Don't leave!!! We want you to stay!!

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
2,464 Posts
smokie999 said:
it probably was not anyone on here ,just someone browsing the site and picked up on the thread
Think they have to be a forum member to get his email address?

The clock's ticking, it's only a matter of time before IPs are matched. You know who you are!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts