MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cannot believe that MG would put out a 16k car without ABS as standard , (the 115 and 135 not having it). Most would regard this as essential especially on sports cars. Generally the spec is a bit Audi looking , pretty mean and costly to add the necessary bits>=(

·
Registered
21,131 Posts
Even all the more strange when ABS with EBD is standard on even the very basic stripped out 45. :eyes:

However, I guess there are plenty of purists out there who will be relieved that ABS is absent. Though I guess they are the kind of people who would love to strip out the power steering too!!

Regards

John

·
Premium Member
79,177 Posts
MGF Trophy 160 without ABS is a recipe for disaster if you don't realise it hasn't got it fitted [as I did approaching a roundabout rather quickly and locked the wheels:(]

A swift change of underwear followed....

·
Premium Member
31,560 Posts
Dave, you can't treat the brake pedal as a switch =P, personally, I found the AP brakes quite hard to lock up if you braked progressively and this was going into the hairpin at Anglesey! ;)

That's the bad thing with ABS, when you drive a car with it and learn to rely on it, when you go to a car without it you can get caught out!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.