MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone give me some help?,when i'm breaking normally ,i get a judder through my pedal and yet the abs dash warning light does not come on,however,sometimes the abs light comes on and the breaks work perfect,can someone give me any advice?

·
Registered
434 Posts
Do you get this all the time?
Or just in certain conditions - heavy breaking, in the wet etc..

could be warpped discs if ABS light in not coming on. (does the car kind of pulse when breaking?)

·
Registered
172 Posts
Could it be the abs reluctor rings , just like mine ?
I have a faint clicking noise when driving at slower speeds (not very often I must admit)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
driving the car this morning the pulsing feedback through the brake pedal was there almost straight away,i have allready renewed pads and discs to try and sort problem,reluctor rings?is that a big job?

·
Registered
240 Posts
To clarify, the warning light doesn't come on to show that the ABS is cutting in.If it comes on when driving then it is indicating a fault in the ABS which is then disabled. If the braking is then fine, then that suggests that the judder is indeed the ABS coming on when it shouldn't.

A cracked reluctor ring would cause this at low speed but it wouldn't bring on the warning light. This indicates a possible electrical fault such as a dodgy wire to one of the wheel sensors.

If the warning light comes on when you start the car and then goes off normally then the system has passed the self-check which means the fault is intermittent.

Peter

1 - 6 of 6 Posts