MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I thought I'd send this to Private Eye, it would be great if they could dig up some dirt on the MGR antagonists in the press!

/...

Sir, with reference to p4, issue 1129.

The Guardian have spent a lot of time and effort printing a lot of absolute tosh about MG Rover, so may I point you and your readers to the forums at www.mg-rover.org to read more about it.

The suggestion that the company is/was edging to oblivion is sensationalistic nonsense, and seems to be a party line from some journalists. I’d be very interested if the Eye could find out exactly why particular journalists appear to have it in for MGR – could it be that, having predicted the imminent demise of the company 5 years ago, they are now set to look very stupid if (when) the SAIC deal is signed.

I also note with a sickening wrench in my stomach the efforts the government is making to take credit for helping to ‘rescue’ MGR, long after the Phoenix 4 have done all the hard work.

Yours sincerely, Luke Phillips

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
About time somebody did something like tihs!

I was seriously thinking about writing to one of em but i couldn't decide whom it should be to!

Well done to you though!!! :D

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
red_flame said:
About time somebody did something like tihs!

I was seriously thinking about writing to one of em but i couldn't decide whom it should be to!

Well done to you though!!! :D
It'd be excellent if they did look into it, although I won't hold out too much hope ... I guess it could backfire if they found out all sorts of juicy scandal to do with the P4 ...!

·
Registered
625 Posts
The Eye is the most noble of organs, and the way it has gone after those PFI rip-offs is absolutely first-rate.

Here's hoping Lord Gnome will persue this matter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts