1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,832 Posts

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
IanRobertson said:
Yes it is definitely an MG ZR - a Turbo conversion, so I believe.
So why the locking up of wheels? It may just have cost him his front end.
I hope the guy he hit was attending the meet too, or that guy in the ZR is in actual trouble.

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Without wanting to open a can of worms, I am reliably told that it was a woman driving the MG ZR.

Basic training on how to use ABS brakes would have avoided that crash in my opinion.

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
If you're going to crash into something, a Tigra isn't a bad option...

Seriously though, those people are daft beyond belief

·
Banned
9,909 Posts
IanRobertson said:
Basic training on how to use ABS brakes would have avoided that crash in my opinion.
??

The only training you need for ABS brakes is hit the pedal as hard as you can and steer around-that is what I was taught and it works!

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
MikeM said:
??

The only training you need for ABS brakes is hit the pedal as hard as you can and steer around-that is what I was taught and it works!
Yup indeed. Most people don't know how to use ABS, they just know that it is a good thing to have.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
IanRobertson said:
Yup indeed. Most people don't know how to use ABS, they just know that it is a good thing to have.
Well looks to me like she just put her foot down and held it there, if you havent got abs you are meant to pump it. Like said above I though the entire point of ABS was that she could have just stuck her foot down and kept it there, no need to do more work than that.

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Samuel said:
Well looks to me like she just put her foot down and held it there, if you havent got abs you are meant to pump it. Like said above I though the entire point of ABS was that she could have just stuck her foot down and kept it there, no need to do more work than that.
ABS allows you to steer around an obstacle.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
IanRobertson said:
ABS allows you to steer around an obstacle.
Yeah I know....
Im just saying she locked the wheels up and kept them locked up and didnt pump them to try and avoid it. I just thought all the ZR's had ABS.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.