MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
mg_zs
Joined
·
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
due to my new job by the end of the summer all three of my current cars m.g midget ,m.g.zr trophy and my zafira will be sold.
niether of the mg's will be replaced as i now find i will have no time to use them.
they will be replaced by a small /medium van for work(zr express is no good as it will need to be able to take a pallet occaisionally!)
my current zafira will be replaced by a brand new people carrier as yet undecided.!
i feel sad having to sell the mg's especially the zr as its been 100% reliable
but if i kept it 'it would just sit on my drive unused for the forseable future
i will post up when the cars are ready for sale probably around july/august?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,832 Posts
paynemgzr said:
due to my new job by the end of the summer all three of my current cars m.g midget ,m.g.zr trophy and my zafira will be sold.
niether of the mg's will be replaced as i now find i will have no time to use them.
they will be replaced by a small /medium van for work(zr express is no good as it will need to be able to take a pallet occaisionally!)
my current zafira will be replaced by a brand new people carrier as yet undecided.!
i feel sad having to sell the mg's especially the zr as its been 100% reliable
but if i kept it 'it would just sit on my drive unused for the forseable future
i will post up when the cars are ready for sale probably around july/august?
Well just so i dont have to cry for you, can you maybe get one of those new Zafira VXR, it looks class and will possibly stop your meat and 2 veg from shrivelling up and dying.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
144 Posts
Code:
maybe get one of those new Zafira VXR, it looks class
I looked around a new Zafira at a local Vauxhall agent last week. The inside was dire. It was typically Germanic, depressingly coal black and looked very, very cheap. There was a silver strip down the centre console that looked like it was made from tinfoil.
 

·
Registered
mg_zs
Joined
·
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Copperleaf Fred said:
Code:
maybe get one of those new Zafira VXR, it looks class
I looked around a new Zafira at a local Vauxhall agent last week. The inside was dire. It was typically Germanic, depressingly coal black and looked very, very cheap. There was a silver strip down the centre console that looked like it was made from tinfoil.
its a hell of a lot better than the old one!!
my shortlist is down to
new zafira
mazda5
vw touran
s-max although that may just be out of budget
new kia carens (dont laugh!) when it goes on sale
i am also going back to petrol as the extra cost of a diesel cant be recouped on my estimate of only doing about 4-5k miles max a year !
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,185 Posts
Have you considered the Toyota Corolla Verso? Looks smart and has a hint of Lexus about it plus great build quality and versatile seating. Otherwise the Mazda 5 would get my vote. The Touran is desperately dull and not too cheap either.
 

·
Registered
mg_zs
Joined
·
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
rlxs said:
Have you considered the Toyota Corolla Verso? Looks smart and has a hint of Lexus about it plus great build quality and versatile seating. Otherwise the Mazda 5 would get my vote. The Touran is desperately dull and not too cheap either.
looked at the corolla verso but compared to the others it very cramped inside!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
294 Posts
How many seats do you need? - if you only need 6 wat about a Multipla or Honda FR-V?
If not the Mazda 5's probably the best of the bunch!
 

·
Registered
mg_zs
Joined
·
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
simongittus said:
How many seats do you need? - if you only need 6 wat about a Multipla or Honda FR-V?
If not the Mazda 5's probably the best of the bunch!
need 7 most of the time
the mazda 5 is good test drove it a while back
along with the new zafira ,the touran and the grand scenic.
felt the mazda was the best drive but wasn't sure about the occaisional middle seat as it has a big hole between base and back for when its folded away. but the seat folding is sooo simple and quick!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
294 Posts
paynemgzr said:
need 7 most of the time
the mazda 5 is good test drove it a while back
along with the new zafira ,the touran and the grand scenic.
felt the mazda was the best drive but wasn't sure about the occaisional middle seat as it has a big hole between base and back for when its folded away. but the seat folding is sooo simple and quick!!!
yeah know wat you mean about the gap - but its very clever how it folds into the seat next to it! and its got slidey doors on both sides :)

i guess it's the closest thing to an MG and its always nice to get away from the norm - i ain't seen many around yet!
 

·
Registered
mg_zs
Joined
·
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
simongittus said:
yeah know wat you mean about the gap - but its very clever how it folds into the seat next to it! and its got slidey doors on both sides :)

i guess it's the closest thing to an MG and its always nice to get away from the norm - i ain't seen many around yet!
have seen a few recently saw a black ts2 in a local village today looked really good!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,841 Posts
Hmm tough choice to make, having to sell the cars you like. If you dont mind me asking, what the top budget (roughly) if you have one like?

My neighbour had a Chrysler voyager, and what a machine! Loads of room for all of us and out lugguage (en route to airport) and the turbo diesel just cruised effortlessly.

Or maybe one of them Kia people carriers, last i heard they were using a Benz engine, not too sure if they still are?

Voyager interior, mmmmm :drool:

 

·
Registered
mg_zs
Joined
·
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Stu C said:
Hmm tough choice to make, having to sell the cars you like. If you dont mind me asking, what the top budget (roughly) if you have one like?

My neighbour had a Chrysler voyager, and what a machine! Loads of room for all of us and out lugguage (en route to airport) and the turbo diesel just cruised effortlessly.

Or maybe one of them Kia people carriers, last i heard they were using a Benz engine, not too sure if they still are?

Voyager interior, mmmmm :drool:

probably looking at £ 14-15k but may decide to stretch a little more having said that if the new 7-seat carens is any good and close to the predicted price(£10.5-12k) i may opt for atop of the range one of those .i'll be having a really close look at it at the motorshow!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
294 Posts
paynemgzr said:
probably looking at £ 14-15k but may decide to stretch a little more having said that if the new 7-seat carens is any good and close to the predicted price(£10.5-12k) i may opt for atop of the range one of those .i'll be having a really close look at it at the motorshow!!!
Sadly the carens isn't as nice as what the concept drawing looked like - its not exactly pretty!





courtesy of Autocar (http://www.autocar.co.uk/News_Article.asp?NA_ID=219508&EL_ID=3155880&ST=fromcurrentresults)
 

·
Registered
mg_zs
Joined
·
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,733 Posts
More importantly - what about the van?

If you're looking at a Ford Transit sized van, don't forget to try your local LDV centre!
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top