MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, have looked on the forum about my Rover 214 16v kseries and have bought a 48mm aluminium throttle body of ebay. It arrived today and I went to fit it. The thing is ive looked at my new throttle body and the little valve inside is restricted it only opens abit, so this must be the 84ps one. The plastic one on my car opens fully i can see right through it. The cable dosnt fit or anything. The salvage company who I bought it off said it was off a 1.8 2004 ZR but these arnt restricted are they? If they are then its my mistake for assuming it would fit a 1.4. If not then should i contact them and ask for a replacement?
Thanks for help

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
cju said:
Hi, have looked on the forum about my Rover 214 16v kseries and have bought a 48mm aluminium throttle body of ebay. It arrived today and I went to fit it. The thing is ive looked at my new throttle body and the little valve inside is restricted it only opens abit, so this must be the 84ps one. The plastic one on my car opens fully i can see right through it. The cable dosnt fit or anything. The salvage company who I bought it off said it was off a 1.8 2004 ZR but these arnt restricted are they? If they are then its my mistake for assuming it would fit a 1.4. If not then should i contact them and ask for a replacement?
Thanks for help
If it was off a ZR it would not be restricted.

It must be off an 84PS 25.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts