MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just drove back home topless - yayyy, driving okay despite the fact that the stitched on bit of fingertip has separated from the finger almost due to stitches dissolving....
The reminder is remember to USE SUNBLOCK, high SPF.
I drove for just 20 minutes in a tshirt and my arms have reddened rather a lot (before my photo session on Saturday too....grrrrr).

Please watch yourselves - a peeling and bright red body and face is not an attractive look for F/TFrs!!!!

·
Registered
10,545 Posts
Indeed!

I've just caught a bit of a tan, cleaning Myrtle.. so have just dug the P20 out, to keep in the glove box.

Protect yourselves, lads and lasses! :)

·
Registered
27,269 Posts
Ohh thanks for this advice, this'll be my first summer with no roof and I go like a lobster in just a few minutes. Have to get some SPF to pop in the car. Does car wax work? :)

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
James C said:
Ohh thanks for this advice, this'll be my first summer with no roof and I go like a lobster in just a few minutes. Have to get some SPF to pop in the car. Does car wax work? :)
Ha ha James!

I bought a spray lotion and made sure that it was non-greasy (don't want marks on my seats......!).

I learned that even when slightly overcast you can burn sitting in your topless baby - I got burned to a crisp in my frist summer of ownership in 2004 whilst driving back from Sussex in very heavy traffic...nose, tops of arms and shoulders and neck, 'chest' area (!) all very susceptable and all hurt a lot as I found out.

·
Registered
27,269 Posts
I know baseball caps are reccomended (reversed peak to keep the sun off your neck) but how well do big floppy hats work? Are they likely to blow away?

I just really don't want to go bright red and be in pain all summer :irked:

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
James C said:
I know baseball caps are reccomended (reversed peak to keep the sun off your neck) but how well do big floppy hats work? Are they likely to blow away?

I just really don't want to go bright red and be in pain all summer :irked:
James, I wear lots of hats - as you know - and I have never had a problem yet with losing one whilst topless....but then again, I'm not that tall, am I?!

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
PaulaM said:
Im lucky ,thanks to having some foreign blood running through my veins i never burn!! :minxy:
I'm afraid that my half-Welsh blood doesn't have the same protective properties.... :(

I never used to burn at all - but I do have to watch the amount of sun I get now as I am more sensitive due to my medication.

·
Registered
27,269 Posts
Andie B said:
James, I wear lots of hats - as you know - and I have never had a problem yet with losing one whilst topless....but then again, I'm not that tall, am I?!
My head just pops up over the edge of the windscreen if I'm sat upright in the seat. I might try it with my floppy camoflague hat, as if it blows out it's not the end of the world :)

And you're the perfect size for the TF Andie, you fit in like it was designed for you :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm lucky on two counts, one I don't burn unless the sunlight is very strong (never burnt in the UK yet in 21 years...) and I spend half my life in the south of France so by the time the sun in the UK is strong enough to tan me, I'm already as brown as toast :)

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Not forgetting the eye protection as well - shades are a must! Not only are your eyes protected but you look cool as well.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Pete I heard you say you go to spec-savers in another thread, I am sure you have the designer shades in the glove box.

·
Registered
17,819 Posts
Andie B said:
I just drove back home topless - yayyy, driving okay despite the fact that the stitched on bit of fingertip has separated from the finger almost due to stitches dissolving....
The reminder is remember to USE SUNBLOCK, high SPF.
I drove for just 20 minutes in a tshirt and my arms have reddened rather a lot (before my photo session on Saturday too....grrrrr).

Please watch yourselves - a peeling and bright red body and face is not an attractive look for F/TFrs!!!!

I just found out the hard way

I have sunburnt ears. Ow

·
Registered
12,799 Posts
What a nice and attentive advice Andie :D

Hope you all enjoy the actual good weather :grouphug:
Reminds me to get Red Sonya back to life

·
Registered
27,269 Posts
D.R. said:
Not forgetting the eye protection as well - shades are a must! Not only are your eyes protected but you look cool as well.
No problem for me there, seeing as I can see sod all without my glasses now I'm glad I got some perscription sunglasses made up last year :)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts