MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I right in thinking that the leather interior on the F is better than on the TF? Hard to explain but I recently saw a photo of an F's interior and the quality looked far superior to anything I've seen in a TF....was it a customised interior?

·
Registered
27,269 Posts
I have no idea, all my experience is with Alacantra with just the leather bolsters. Much nicer in my opinion than sticky leather :)

·
Green Goddess
7,619 Posts
I have to say i did like the leather seats in my F, they had the MG logo embossed on the headrest and the little map pockets at the back, it was the singed thighs in summer that i didnt like!! Of course there was no leather cubby hole like GG has though.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No, I'm not talking about the seats....I'm more than happy with my lather/alcantara seats as they're gorgeous!..its Colin WW's interior (F Reg board)....the cream leather with contrast stitching down the centre....see attached pic (hope Colin doesn't mind!!!).Its drool-makingingly gorgeous! I want it in grenadine leather in Aphrodite!

Is this a rather expensive mod he's had done?

Attachments

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Chris T said:
I don’t think any F’s came out the factory like that.
So its something Colin has had done himself??? It looks so classy and beautiful - I love that look.

·
Green Goddess
7,619 Posts
Ah yes, that is aftermarket, i cant remember how much it was, not as scary as you think seeing as how much time and effort goes into doing the job!!

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
Colin's looks like a Mike Satur interior retrim. Have a look on Mike's site for all the details & prices. Basically he can retrim your interior in almost any colour combination you want. I beleive Mike also did the interior trim on Scarlet Fever.
Some bits are not that expensive, but once you start covering the dash, doorcards and centre tunnel etc the labour costs involved increase due to there complex shapes and the amount of stitching needed.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
SHARKYMGF said:
Colin's looks like a Mike Satur interior retrim. Have a look on Mike's site for all the details & prices. Basically he can retrim your interior in almost any colour combination you want. I beleive Mike also did the interior trim on Scarlet Fever.
Some bits are not that expensive, but once you start covering the dash, doorcards and centre tunnel etc the labour costs involved increase due to there complex shapes and the amount of stitching needed.
Thank you for the info, Steve...!

Looks so lush that I may just have to sell myfamily to pay for it!

·
Registered
27,269 Posts
Andie B said:
Thank you for the info, Steve...!

Looks so lush that I may just have to sell myfamily to pay for it!
"How much for the little girl? The women? How much for the women?"

Can you name the film? :)

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
James C said:
"How much for the little girl? The women? How much for the women?"

Can you name the film? :)
Schindler's List???

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hells bells....GOT IT! Its one of my fave films....!

Blues Brothers!!

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
I was under the impression that colins interior was a tester done by the mgf centre. They have done a lovely job tho. Talk to victoria!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts