MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
When you say 'Low', do you mean the suspension ?
If so, have you tried getting it pumped up?
Costs around £50 or so and I'm sure there will be somebody in your area who could do it - provided the spheres are ok.

·
Registered
2006 MG ZR +120 (HQM) 2004 MG ZR 105 (IAB)
9,141 Posts
Literacy on forums (this one included) never has been too good, but I think you are right in that it seems to be getting far worse.

However, seeing as the OP hasn't bothered coming back since the day after starting this thread, it probably isn't worth worrying too much, or indeed expending any effort in replying to them. And folk wonder why questions from first time posters often get ignored and unanswered!!

·
Registered
mg_tf
255 Posts
My lack of experience of getting around this (recently modified?) forum is showing through!
I too thought I would look to see when the OP last visited the forum, but to me, this wasn’t evident - but there obviously must be a way of finding out.
Re. Locations (or the lack of them!) I seem to recall that for that very small ! band of followers on here who are not blessed with a 100% University Challenge knowledge of the flags of the world, that it was possible to tap on the flag and all would be revealed.
What am I doing wrong? It doesn’t work for me.
Why can’t I have a Welsh flag?
Kind regards,
Austin.

·
Registered
2006 MG ZR +120 (HQM) 2004 MG ZR 105 (IAB)
9,141 Posts
That's another thing - why do people offer things for sale over the internet and don't give any indication of where they are (and then often seem to get shirty when someone asks for more info and then backs out when they discover it is 300 miles away!)

To answer your location query, the member location comes up when you hover your mouse over the flag (if you do so over the flag on my post it should pop-up a small box with 'Lincoln, UK' in it). HOWEVER, it will only display if the location has been entered on that members user profile since the forum change - for some reason the previously existing location data has not transferred to the new set-up, so all members need to re-enter it in their profile.

If you hover your mouse over the member avatar, it will bring up a box which shows that members forum activity stats, and will also show their location where that data is in their profile. If you click on the avatar, it takes you to a profile page which also shows their last date of activity among other things.

If you hover your mouse over the member avatar, it will generate a pop-up which gives a breakdown of their forum activity, and also gives their location where that is entered on their profile. If you click on the avatar, it takes you to a member profile page where the date of their last forum activity is also displayed.

It really was much more straightforward having the location openly displayed in the profile box on the old forum, but almost everything on the new forum seems to be either a rigmarole to get at, or is obfuscated behind gimmicks such as the flag icon or alien terminology (it took me weeks to realise that private messages are now called 'conversations'; with the added inconvenience that you can't delete the messages once you have read them and they are done with).

I wasn't keen on Xenforo to begin with, but as time has gone on and I have begun to get to grips with more of it, my feelings have further deteriorated. I really dislike Xenforo. A lot.

Sorry, gone well off topic, but as the OP seems to have been and gone, it probably doesn't really matter.

·
Registered
mg_tf
255 Posts
Sorry Man in the Car, don’t have a mouse - have an IPad- and no amount of finger prodding on the flag does anything at all!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts