MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, need to pick your brains, cause I need to decide today whether to go for the Jersey Trophy from Ebay or stick with mine........

1. Could I put the 'wedgewood' wheels onto a trophy, would it need adapting to fit over the calipers?

2. The petrol cap is scuffed to ****** on the Jersey one, how do I go about changing it, can I change it without getting into the expensive realms of getting someone to make one up to fit the key, I don't mind having a different key for the fuel cap, I just want it to be an MG one and not the cheap black ones that are available on Ebay?

3. How much am I looking at to get a new beige/tan hood fitted?

4. One of the rear tyres is right up inside the wheel arch, the other is fine. Does this sound like the hydragas just needs pumping up, and how much is that?

probaly think of some more questions in a bit, many thanks in advance...

·
Registered
5,647 Posts
Ok guys, need to pick your brains, cause I need to decide today whether to go for the Jersey Trophy from Ebay or stick with mine........

1. Could I put the 'wedgewood' wheels onto a trophy, would it need adapting to fit over the calipers?

2. The petrol cap is scuffed to ****** on the Jersey one, how do I go about changing it, can I change it without getting into the expensive realms of getting someone to make one up to fit the key, I don't mind having a different key for the fuel cap, I just want it to be an MG one and not the cheap black ones that are available on Ebay?

3. How much am I looking at to get a new beige/tan hood fitted?

4. One of the rear tyres is right up inside the wheel arch, the other is fine. Does this sound like the hydragas just needs pumping up, and how much is that?

probaly think of some more questions in a bit, many thanks in advance...
1, you would need adaptors to clear the Ap's

2, Depends where the scuff is but you can remove the centre plastic bit (The key part) and just replace the alloy surround from any MGF/TF petrol cap.

3, around £400.

4,Check your suspender heights (Trophy is 345mm) if it needs a re-gas it will be low on the whole side of the car, not just one corner!.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Marl,

So what do you think the one 'sunken' wheel could be? It still drives like it should and passed its MoT just the other day?

·
Registered
5,647 Posts
Cheers Marl,

So what do you think the one 'sunken' wheel could be? It still drives like it should and passed its MoT just the other day?
If the front measure is correct, but the rear (on the same side) is low, then it sounds like the Hydragas displacer is faulty....... but given the car is a damaged repaired it might be worth getting it checked/inspected just to confirm it's not a sub-frame/other-suspension type issue first!.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Mark, we had the petrol cap off but can't get the two bits separated. Do we have to undue the allen nuts?

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers Kris, much obliged.

Really excited about getting stuck into this now! In my mind it will be stunning when finished, the same sort of colour scheme you get on some of the XK's or Bentley's....but all 100% MG!

·
Registered
112 Posts
The other thing to think of is getting it registered and in order to get it registered it would need to be cleared by customs and excise. Jersey is not a part of the eu or the uk tax wise, so you'll have to pay the tax on importation.
It's a real pain in the a** getting all the paperwork sorted and takes about 1 to 2 month to get it cleared and registered. I speak from the experience of just importing my MGF from Jersey and trying to get hte tax relief as I've owned it for 2 years was a bugger.

I'd look for a uk one.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Cheers Jack.

We have bought it already, it was way too much of a steal not to. should cost about 700 to get it registered, taxed and vat'd, but then we still have a 25,000 mile Trophy in a breathtaking colour that drives like a new car and has plenty of history for 3700, so its not much at all really compared to what Trophys of that mileage go for, and I have my Trophy to use until it is all sorted.

Did it really take you 2 months? I thought you just applied online and it took a week or so for the doc's to be delivered?

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Anyone know a good breaker that can deliver?

Anyone know the best/cheapest place for interiors/hoods? I'm after the 'Abingdon' style interior.

Much obliged.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts