MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few weeks ago I bought a new toy to replace the midget, what I thought was a 220 SDI, but I'm now thinking its the Di version. Whats the differences in specs?

It has remote central locking, but its missing a sunroof and stereo steering wheel controls. I also got a quote for the insurance, popped in the license plate number and it said it was a Di. I can't check the logbook at the moment as the cars at home while I'm at uni :(

Forgot to mention its 3door, nightfire red.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,938 Posts
SDI has an intercooler by the side of the radiator and a throttle potentiometer on the left handside, 2 large boost hoses 1 coming out the middle of the engine cover

SD has no intercooler and the throttle cable connects directly to the fuel pump
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep it has the intercooler, I checked that when I bought it, its just a question of whether or not its the Di or the SDi model.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its got ABS and electric windows in the front, but no air con, or not that I'm aware of. No sunroof either. Ah well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thats what I was thinking, I don't know why I didnt think of it when I picked the car up, too late now though. Nevermind, I don't think I'd miss a sunroof or aircon too much, from what I remember about my dads 400sdi, the aircon wasn't much cop anyhow. The only thing I'd maybe miss would be the steering wheel controls, could these be retrofitted?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,699 Posts
just noticed you live in northants!!!......

dont see why they couldnt be retrofitted. youd just need to figure out the loom for it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21,962 Posts
eddybrown said:
Thats what I was thinking, I don't know why I didnt think of it when I picked the car up, too late now though. Nevermind, I don't think I'd miss a sunroof or aircon too much, from what I remember about my dads 400sdi, the aircon wasn't much cop anyhow. The only thing I'd maybe miss would be the steering wheel controls, could these be retrofitted?
Find a 200 with the steering wheel controls in the scrappy, and remove everything required from it. Then put it on yours.

Cheers
Skelo
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yep i'm close to Oundle at the top near Peterborough that way, though I'm in huddersfield at uni at the moment.

Skelo said:
Find a 200 with the steering wheel controls in the scrappy, and remove everything required from it. Then put it on yours.
Cheers, I'll have to look into it. I've just found out from my dad that it says its a Di on the logbook. So its a crafty one when I bought it, I didnt get to see the logbook at the time, only the tear off part at the bottom. One to watch out for, for others out there on ebay.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
729 Posts
You have done well with this car!
You dont want a sun roof as the rubber perishes ( can leak) and you lose head room for front and rear passengers.
ABS and the elecy windows are some nice optional extras for the Di model.
Air con was an optional extra on the diesels.
Night fire red is a great coulr, did you get any alloys?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21,962 Posts
eddybrown said:
Yep i'm close to Oundle at the top near Peterborough that way, though I'm in huddersfield at uni at the moment.
I see with have another local here. I'm over in peterborough myself.

Cheers
Skelo
 

·
Registered
other_rover
Joined
·
343 Posts
eddybrown said:
Thats what I was thinking, I don't know why I didnt think of it when I picked the car up, too late now though. Nevermind, I don't think I'd miss a sunroof or aircon too much, from what I remember about my dads 400sdi, the aircon wasn't much cop anyhow. The only thing I'd maybe miss would be the steering wheel controls, could these be retrofitted?
i have a steering wheel with controls in the garage if interested? pay the postage and its yours
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21,962 Posts
Dogudders said:
i have a steering wheel with controls in the garage if interested? pay the postage and its yours
He would also need the wiring to the stereo as well.

Cheers
Skelo
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks Dogudders, PM sent. I'm gonna get a new stereo soon, so I'll be getting an adapter thingy anyway, I should be able to sort out the wiring. Cheers mate.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top