MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
mg_tf
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently fitted thicker Anti-Roll bars (MGOC) to my TF. Already have Bilsteins set on the middle ride height.
At first I was slightly disappointed as to the difference they made but the more I drive it the better it seems to be. I would say they are a real improvement, but only when you are pushing it a bit. Obvious I suppose and not really cost effective for everyday use.

Fortunately I don't have to justify the cost as it's my therapy.:wink:
I would be interested in the thoughts of anyone eles fitting these A-R bars.

·
Premium Member
mg_tf
39 Posts
Hi. I have recently bought an 85th TF, having had a 2005 TF before. The thicker roll bars are standard on the 85th and when comparing the ride to the older car I would say is far better. Great in the corners yet forgiving with the Bilsteins damping out road imperfections. I did wonder if the MGOC supply new mounting rubbers/poly bushes for the thicker roll setup?

·
Registered
mg_tf
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I retained the standard springs (pre 05 build) when I fitted the Bilsteins and I think it has quite a supple ride. Certainly loads better than the standard TF of that date. Have not driven an 85th or a post 05 TF so I can't give a comparison.

I should think that standard bushes would be available for the 85th A-R bar but poly ones may not be, don't know really.

Hope you enjoy your 85th. It will be the one to have in the future as prices rise and they are on the way up now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts