MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all...
I bought a R Reg 800 off ebay, was bob on, however, when I put some cd's in the standard changer, the head unit continually read "cd error".. I stripped the changer, all seemed ok, bought a brand new new cable (£49, bloody hell), still same issue, bought a new 6 cd changer unit, ditto...

question is, is there an issue I am unaware of that perhaps someone on here might be aware of, I only spent all this cash so I could still use my steering wheel controls (I spent £40 getting a stalk adaptor and what have you only to find the bugger only had limited usability, still waiting for my money back)

I can only assume it is the head unit, the r960 that might now be cream crackered... The changer is the standard (now defunct) DC10(??) 6 disc..

It also (both changers) have issues ejecting.. I'm at my wits end, cost a fortune and can't use it.. Have fitted a Sony 10 disc but really want to be able to use my steering controls as I spend a lot of the time on the road..

anyone else had these problems and how did you sort it (other than fitting a new cd system)

Cheers all
Gaz

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
actually, anyone know if there is a head unit and changer (prefer mp3 compat) that I could install in the 800 and be compat with my steering wheel controls, seen one in Argos for £128...

Ta again

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
soz, it's the dc082 changer - now.... if the power to the changer comes down the cable, which it has to 'cos there is no other wires to power it, and both changers have suffered the same problem - CD Error and not ejecting, and there is no power to the small motor that drives the load/eject mechanism (i've had me multi-meter on it, it does suggest the head unit may be donald Ducked...

I'm not going to poke around anymore, i'll try and get a head unit for it..

Cheers mate (don't know anyone selling a cheap head unit do yer, must have code??)

Baggs

·
Registered
rover_45
11,619 Posts
I will have a look for a head unit one should be poking about. The other option down the MP3 route is to get yourself a later MG Rover head unit with an auto changer. Despite what people say the IOVOX uni in my Streetwise has been fine and is a very good unit. The later VDO are even worse then IOVOX ones. On the other note the Philips auto changer struggles with CD-r's and wont touch CD-RW's.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts