MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am told by my rover dealer that i need the bar code for my original r/c fob before they can programme in a replacement. As they sold me the car as an ex rover fleet car and i dont have a bar code can anyone tell me if this is correct or if there is a way round. I do know the manual key code to disarm the alarm.

( 1997 Rover 820 fastback )
Cheers

Brian Green

·
Registered
rover_45
11,619 Posts
There is no way they can code your current fobs. There used to be record but as your Rover is a BMW Eire model there will be no record's of them on file. So you will have to purchase a complete set of two. They are not cheap.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks - that was quick!

I do want to replace the fobs. I've been quoted £65 + vat + a charge for programming them in - but they still say they need the original bar code.

Was it really made in Eire??

·
Registered
rover_45
11,619 Posts
No I have not got the hang of this laptop keyboard. What I meant was the car is from the BMW era where records wear very slack.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Anyone tried these self programmable remotes? I am tempted to get one as I don't have a working spare.
There is also a 'universal' four button one listed for only £34, which is what luffield quoted to try reprogramming the old one to get it to work. With this you could program the one fob to work two different cars.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts