MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All again,

well just sorting out the insurance for my new (ish) TF and the insurers have said its an 80th Anniversary edition (its an "04" plate) what does this mean and how do i tell the diff? the salesman didnt tell me it was one of these!!

·
Registered
30,859 Posts
did you get a xpower grey one matt? i thought 80th anniversary editions only came in black? i could be wrong and im sure someone else will be along to correct me if so, but i think your insurance people are full of poo! when i got quotes on my car which is a 03 plate 135 they told me it was a 02 plate 160! you can check your car reg with teh dvla (which i did and mine was def a 03 135!) to prove this. to tel them other wise you should just be able to tell them down the phone! or select a different option with the online form. i think its just down to there being loads of variations on the tfs and insurance companies get confused very easily!

·
Registered
30,859 Posts
yup plus on your seats and youd have lots of extra upgraded options! im sur ethey def only come in black tho! and have red (or whatever the proper colour name for it is!) interior trim?? perry should be able to tell you or andie (if shes still here :( )

you can def check your reg with teh dvla and that will tell you exactly what the spec of your car is! engine wise etc

bye! im off home!

·
Green Goddess
7,619 Posts
The 80th LE comes in black like Perrys and Goodwood Green like mine, you will know cos as said earlier it has the dates on the bbot lid and also woven into the seats and you will have a LE number badge on your T-bar, also when you bought the car you sould of had a certificate stating the LE number of yours.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
nah it def aint an 80th anniv then - as i thought. must be stupid @ss tesco insurance, will have to ring them again i guess... :(

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
how do you check your car model with the dvla? can it be done online or do you have to give them a buzz?

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
Mine is an 80th Anniversary Edition!!!

It is easy to find if it is one:

1. You must have on top of the T-bar (hey I know what the T-bar is!!!)
the badge with the serial number saying number xxx of 1600....eg mine is number 869 out of 1600

2. You get the logo 1924 MG 2004 on the seats
3. Same logo at the back of the car
4. You get a "Certificate of Authenticity" by the head designer of MG and McLaren Peter Stevens!!!
5. There is lots of extra stuff like teh AP-Racing brakes, different gearbox, alloys etc etc etc etc......so many extras
6. The color is either Black or Silver with burgundy top or British racing green with beige top

·
Green Goddess
7,619 Posts
PERRY-MGTF said:
Mine is an 80th Anniversary Edition!!!

It is easy to find if it is one:

1. You must have on top of the T-bar (hey I know what the T-bar is!!!)
the badge with the serial number saying number xxx of 1600....eg mine is number 869 out of 1600

2. You get the logo 1924 MG 2004 on the seats
3. Same logo at the back of the car
4. You get a "Certificate of Authenticity" by the head designer of MG and McLaren Peter Stevens!!!
5. There is lots of extra stuff like teh AP-Racing brakes, different gearbox, alloys etc etc etc etc......so many extras
6. The color is either Black or Silver with burgundy top or British racing green with beige top
Goodwood Green not BRG its like a combination of Le Mans and BRG

1 - 20 of 27 Posts