MG-Rover.org Forums banner

75 tourer or zt-t

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
mg_zs
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i can't decide which one to get so i thought i would have a poll with comments to see what people think.

·
Registered
mg_zt
388 Posts
I'm in the fortunate position of owning both - a 2.5 Conn SE and a ZT-T190SE

I just love the 75 interior but the ZT-T is just so alive as a drivers car. I would say though that the Mark 2 ZT-T is quieter and that bit more refined than the Mk1.

Apart from a bit more tyre noise the Mk 2 ZT-T is not far away from the 75.

I guess though if I was driving to the North of Scotland again, 600 miles, I'd take the 75 for that bit more refinement.

Not an easy choice I agree - which is why I kept the 75 when the ZT-T came along.

For day to day use the ZT-T is the more responsive car to drive.

·
Registered
9,119 Posts
It depends what you are after in a car, and what kind of driver you are.

If you are just looking for something cheap(er) to eat the miles up and be a general load lugger then the 75 Tourer would be the one to go for - lower insurance, better ride quality, and a more lively interior compared to the ZT's carbon fibre and black plastic effects.

But if you want something to chuck about with all of your items secured tightly in the back then I would go for the ZT.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Really depends what you want, I bought the ZT-t as I love driving and do a relatively high mileage, but the 75's tend to be higher spec, more refined, but less of a drivers car.

Must admit for me I wanted to be more "max power" than " pipe and slippers"!!

Either way both great cars, if I lost mine tomorrow would probably try and get the best compromise - a Contemporary.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts