·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi chaps....

This is my car....

'99 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE Auto.

....I'm thinking of fitting these....

Fox R3 alloys in 17" to fill the arches a little more.

....And this....

Traditional stylee boot rack.

....to it....I reckon it'd look brill....What do You reckon?:dunno:

·
Premium Member
54,941 Posts
Wheels look OK.

What is that rack about? Sorry don't like that at all.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
I like those racks!

Not too keen on the wheels though. If they were one colour, instead of silver & black, I think they'd look better.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I like those racks!

Not too keen on the wheels though. If they were one colour, instead of silver & black, I think they'd look better.
Personally not sure about the rack and also the fact you have to drill the boot lid to fit. This makes it a permanent fixture which may put others off if selling.

The reason I asked why would you want to fit the rack is for what reason? i.e extra luggage capability. Personally, would probably look at a roof rack and top box if this is the reason as they can be put on and removed when needed.

If you plan to fit because you like the look then go for it as it's your car.

Same view with the wheels. If you like them then fit them. Personally would go for a more classic look to suit the 75.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The rack is purely an asthetic thaang....I've never seen one before, and I like the look....Just as I always loved the look of P6s with racks/boot mounted spare wheels....Drilling the boot doesn't bother me from a resale point of view, as I LOVE this car, and will probably break with habit and keep it 'til I die!

I like the Fox wheels' appearance, but the main attraction is that they're affordable....Ideally I'd love these....

....but I'm sure that a) They were only available on the V8, so b) If they ARE compatible, they're rare as rocking horse doo doo, and c) They're 18 inch, so tyres would cost a bomb??

Another possibility, is these....

....17" Star Spoke??? I'm guessing these are slightly more readily available than the ones above? They look NEARLY as good too! ;)

·
Premium Member
79,177 Posts
Being totally honest - not keen on the wheels - they don't suit the 75

.....and don;t get me started on the boot rack!

Try for some standard OEM issue wheels.....

·
Registered
62 Posts
You are right that the 18" V8 Vortex Alloy Wheels are very rare, with only a handful of 75 V8 being made, let alone having the optional wheels fitted ;)

What about these 17" Meteor Alloy Wheels? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ROVER-75-ALLO...1QQihZ014QQcategoryZ28648QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

They are being sold by Premier Auto Group in Romford, Essex - so not a million miles from you.

Those Meteor's look good and I still have the £300 I got for my old 214. I briefly saw what I think were those on a car in Wolvehampton recently, either those or similar (maybe off an old 600 model which were similar). I want something to upgrade my 2.5ConnSE as it has the standard 15" ones which look pretty uninspiring but its got a full set of almost new rubber. Pitty they dont show a pic of them on the car as it gives a better clue to the final finnish. I think its difficult finding an aftermarket wheel that suits the 75.

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
Here is a picture of the 17" Meteor Alloy Wheels on a Rover 75. If you let me know what colour your 75 is, I'm sure I'll have a piccie with Meteors on your colour 75, if you wanted a better idea in your colour ;)

Edit: Uploaded correct photo this time ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
the pictures ian supplied of the rover alloys would look far superior on your car than the non - rover product. the 75 is a work of art & dosent take to alteration or addition too kindly, in my opinion. Only have the lugguage rack out of necessity!

·
Registered
mg_zt
123 Posts
Wheels? Nooo.... wouldn't suit a 75. I don't even think they would suit a ZT.

Boot rack? Again no. Not needed if you ask me and I think they are more suited to little sports cars like the MG T/TF etc.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks for the opinions chasps....

I think I'm going to keep an eye out for a decent set of 17" Rover alloys for the car....I had "aftermarket" alloys on the Volvo S40 that I owned prior to the Rover, and they never were really satisfactory (although I think a lot of that may have been down to the cheapo tyres)....I'll just monitor Ebay until the right set comes along!

The boot rack has been no-noed by Mrs.Baz, and as she uses the car most of the time, I guess that's that! :eyes:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts