MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
tested my 02 75 connoisseur cdt and got 13secs acceleerating from 50 to 70 in top - how bad is this and how do i solve it. my previous 75 (same model) cgot consistently better mpg by about 10-12%. what do you guys suggest. I'm no mechanic but can follow instructions (or shout for help when necessary)

Thanks

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
4,589 Posts
tested my 02 75 connoisseur cdt and got 13secs acceleerating from 50 to 70 in top - how bad is this and how do i solve it. my previous 75 (same model) cgot consistently better mpg by about 10-12%. what do you guys suggest. I'm no mechanic but can follow instructions (or shout for help when necessary)

Thanks
That is slow! It's supposed to be around 10.5 secs for a manual.

With my Tu3 tuning module & good maf, fitted it my '02 CDT was doing it in around 7.3 secs.

I would imagine that in view of the age of yours a Synergy would be the best option.
This will correct for any degradation in the maf sensor signal, and boost torque and power to about 145bhp for £179

Click on the link below for my website's 75 tuning pages.

There are quite a few other things you can do, and cleaning the egr and pcv valves and the intake mod are all worth while and cost nothing.

Ron

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So does buying the synergy mean i dont have to replace the maf, am i wrong in thinking that it would be better to do both? Are there clear directions to these other free improvements - i dont even know what an egr is, let alone a pvc!
Thanks

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
4,589 Posts
So does buying the synergy mean i dont have to replace the maf, am i wrong in thinking that it would be better to do both? Are there clear directions to these other free improvements - i dont even know what an egr is, let alone a pvc!
Thanks

No, the Snergy does not need a new maf unless your existing one is very bad. Its impossible to say whether this the case with yours. However, if it is, the you can fit a Pierburgh maf.
Or you can, like many owners, fit both and not have to worry about your maf deterorating further.

Cheers, Ron

1 - 4 of 4 Posts