MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
rover_75
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After some experimentation I have found a good spot for fixing Rover_ron's Mafam tuning device in the 75 CDT engine compartment.

I used two of the spare 6mm studs on the bulkhead behind the MAF sensor and made a plastic mounting plate out of an old plastic DVD case and two nylock cable ties. There are some double sided sticky pads behind the plate to stop vibration.

(see attached photos) - Works for me !

Madaxeman

·
Registered
rover_75
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
doublekite said:
Why not put in the battery box as he suggests?
The cable is not long enough !!

I think you mean the TU units which go on the right hand side of the engine - the battery box would be ok for these

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
4,589 Posts
madaxeman said:
After some experimentation I have found a good spot for fixing Rover_ron's Mafam tuning device in the 75 CDT engine compartment.

I used two of the spare 6mm studs on the bulkhead behind the MAF sensor and made a plastic mounting plate out of an old plastic DVD case and two nylock cable ties. There are some double sided sticky pads behind the plate to stop vibration.

(see attached photos) - Works for me !

Madaxeman

That's good thinking and very neat.
I tried to get boxes with mounting lugs but couldn't get any just the right size.

Ron

·
Registered
459 Posts
madaxeman said:
The cable is not long enough !!

I think you mean the TU units which go on the right hand side of the engine - the battery box would be ok for these
Apologies I was thinking of the TU4 which I have, but even this is not really long enough to reach the battery box comfortably going round the engine.

Incidentally, where is the best location for the air sensor, which can 'go anywhere' according to the instructions. What does it actually do?

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
4,589 Posts
doublekite said:
Apologies I was thinking of the TU4 which I have, but even this is not really long enough to reach the battery box comfortably going round the engine.

Incidentally, where is the best location for the air sensor, which can 'go anywhere' according to the instructions. What does it actually do?
Ideally it needs to go where it will pickup cold air from, say, behind the headlight. So somewhere directly behind it and away from the engine and radiator.

Or you can drill a 5mm hole in the air filter housing and insert it about 1cm.

It is used by the ecu to measure the intake air temp so it can calculate the correct mass of air being inducted and also to adjust the injection timing.

The Pierburgh maf doesn't have an IAT fitted, so that's why one is provided with the Synergy or MF75p. The Bosch maf does, however it often fractures so the Synergy one simply replaces the one in the Bosch maf as well, as a precaution and so you can fit a PB maf if/when you need to.

Ron

1 - 7 of 7 Posts