MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right folks,R75 registered in Ocotober 2002. Do I need this BMW ISO kit, that everyone talks about? I've got a cd player (JVC something or other) I want to put in,single din (I know I have to get a face cover thing to go around the cd player). Its got a lead fitted to the cd player for a remote - but thats not a problem, I can buy an adaptor for that I'm sure. So basically, what I'm asking is, are my 75 radio wires just able to fit straight into my cd player, or would I need to buy this BMW ISO kit?

Cheers :)

Andy

·
Banned
9,909 Posts
Then it could be either. The only way to know for definite is by looking on the rear of the unit 'cos the Harmony was produced with both. It is most likely to be iso.

There is a good 'how to' on the boards about removing the hu (with pics) iirc from Rich. Dead easy and it'll take you about 15 minutes max-just remember to use a magnetic or sticky screwdriver to avoid losing the screws.

Also there is no guarantee that the steering wheel controls will work with your particular hu. You may want to be sure you can source an adaptor before taking anything too far apart.

hth

Mike

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry about the long wait for the reply mike and Rick!!

I'll take off the stereo tomorrow and take a piccy for you :) Cheers for the step by step guide!

P.s My hifi is like the one in the pics, except it doesn't have Rover on it..not that I have noticed atleast!

Right, nighty night!

:xmas:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.