MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Iam having problem with oil leaking out of the air intercooler possible due to a problem with the pressure relief valve located by the air filter.
Has anyone else had similiar problems.

·
Registered
rover_75_tourer
125 Posts
diesel oil leak

I have never had any problems with my rover 75 diesel tourer. I must say I have never heard of this problem. The 75 I drive has done 98500 miles with not a single fault, currently knocking up 2000 miles per month..

The strange thing what I find about my diesel is the fuel ecomomy is getting better and better with age?....£40.00 will do 450/500 miles and I never turn my auto ATC off since I have had the car 2002. I have read in other sections of this site that the fans go after 60.000 miles.

If that is the case mine must be built by NASA. However IF the fan on mine has gone then maybe the diesels don't require the extra coolong a petrol may need and so no problems occur.

Sorry I cannot help with this one mate.
MG

·
Registered
25 Posts
I had a similar oil leak from around the intercooler and reduced performance.

It turned out that the seals that join the pipes from the turbo to the intercooler had deteriorated and were leaking turbocharged air ( and oil) to the atmosphere.

It was necessary to remove the front bumper assembly to get at it so I replaced the pipes as well while it was all off.

Result - no oil leak and improved performance.

Phill H

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
My Mums 75, had an oil leak. It turned out the breather pipes were blocked, and it was leaking oil into the air filter and contaminated the intercooler and turbocharger.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts