MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
rover_75
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELP..... Microswitches to enable / disable cruise control by the top of clutch pedal (and brake pedal ?? ) Any info on these anyone?
My cruise control has never worked since owning the car 12 months( BEST car I've ever owned.....75 CDT Connoisseur ) now I've seen some threads on here about these switches.
Looks like I've got a switch dislodged above clutch pedal, looks VERY tight to get to? Anyone throw any light on these greatly appreciated.
Dealers ( Wolverhampton ) got new ones bout 8 quid.......but do mine just need pushing back in?
THANKS IN ANTICIPATION......Dave

·
Registered
364 Posts
Take cover under steering wheel off (couple of screws), get your hand up and squeeze, yes is very tight, took me about 3 goes to get it, the switch will contract with a satisfying clicking sound. Go for drive, engage and enjoy.

·
Registered
rover_75
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks !

JohnA said:
Take cover under steering wheel off (couple of screws), get your hand up and squeeze, yes is very tight, took me about 3 goes to get it, the switch will contract with a satisfying clicking sound. Go for drive, engage and enjoy.
Sorted.....Finally succeeded by pushing the white microswitch back in its black casing first, makes it easier then I found, to locate the casing into the square cutout and press it home. Then push the switch to meet the pedal arm to make contact (satisfying clicking sound as you say!)
Hey presto........cruise control!

GREAT INFO ONCE AGAIN......MANY THANKS

·
Registered
rover_75
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fixit member already!

I'm already a fully fledged member of the 'fixit yourself club' since I've found this site!
Fixes so far from forum :-
  • Water ingress rear footwell.......blocked drain(s), grommits modified
  • starting problem.......faulty cam sensor diagnised spot on
  • cruise control.......pedal switch dislodged
  • lack of decent power.......TU3A tuning box from 'roverron' sorted!
  • service interval reset......d.i.y. reset instructions
  • paint code location......answered
  • bulb warning light problem.......explained & sorted
  • airbag warning light.....underseat connection sorted.
Sounds like I've had loads of problems with this car, but it's just I hate even the smallest thing not working on a car. I've ALWAYS got the advice to either fix or explain how to cure a problem.
It really is amazing the knowledge available from this site, forums especially.
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK EVERYONE!
Regards Dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts