Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My clutch pedal has just gone to the floor, no presure at all ,
could only happen on a bank holliday!!
may sound stupid but cant find fluid reservoir/ filler:confused:

·
Registered
rover_75
53 Posts
Mine done that, I was looking for the broken cable !! Turned out to be the slave cylinder which is inside the gearbox. The AA guy didnt seem at all surprised he had seen a few of them go. Could give you a depressing account of what happened next, lots of time and quite a bit of cash sorting it out. Sorry !!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
pompeyrich said:
Mine done that, I was looking for the broken cable !! Turned out to be the slave cylinder which is inside the gearbox. The AA guy didnt seem at all surprised he had seen a few of them go. Could give you a depressing account of what happened next, lots of time and quite a bit of cash sorting it out. Sorry !!
Hi Rich, do you want to give me the good news!
whats it likely to cost me??
Is it a dealer job as I have no faith left in the dealer network

·
Registered
rover_75
53 Posts
Had mine done at a local independant garage, he charges £40+VAT an hour, which is defo not the cheapest but is very local, Total cost was about £700, that was for a complete new clutch- all components- Had a 3rd party warranty with Olympic Warranties who were really good and paid £500, the maximum amount on my policy.
The most frustrating bit was the 5 week wait for the parts as they were on "back order" from Rover, hopefully the parts are now readily available. There seemed to be a genuine shortage, tried main dealers, the guy next door who works for the local Rover parts distributor and the Rover helpline who promised much but delivered little.
Sorry didnt say that was on a V reg cdt with 37,000 miles. Good luck let us know how you get on, in case mine goes again, suffering from severe lack of confidence since the incident, my previous Rovers have both done 150,000+ miles on original clutches and it wasnt something I thought i need worry about.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts