MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I know there are some threads anout this but I really got lost in reading.

Could someone just tell me whether there are rangerovers with the same KV6 and the same jatco auto box.

The reason I am asking is because I cannot find this texaco "special" oil nowhere arround, but I know there is a big rangerover dealer/workshop in the nearby city and I think they are my chance of finding that autobox oil and change it.

thanks

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
1,164 Posts
Rangerover don't use KV6 engine,they use either BMW or JAGUAR V8[depends on the year made],Only Landrover Freelander uses the KV6 & Jatco Autobox..

·
Registered
rover_75
2,962 Posts
Landrover dealers do have the same auto fluid.They list it as LNR402 as opposed to the Rover version N402 - As mentioned,it's for their Freelanders.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ooops, sorry
I reallly ment Landovers' KV6 & Jatco

The local Ford dealer services Landrover as well, so they should have it.. thanks.

strange, but one of the 2 big rover workshops in sofia mailed me in reply "we use standart ATF oil for the 75's autobox.." reading here how much it depends on the correct oil type.. I think I'll never ever go to them again :)

Thanks

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
EDIT

Finally did it.

Ordered ATF402 from land rover's realer.

Strange but it came up to bi pink, instead of yellow..ish is I've m
been told. Got a bit scared at first, but the car ****s now even better and smoother (indicates that the change was definately due )

Thanks for the help.

now it's the ABS and prking sensors turn to fix.. :)

·
Registered
rover_75_tourer
43 Posts
Peter Bulgaria said:
Hi,

I know there are some threads anout this but I really got lost in reading.

Could someone just tell me whether there are rangerovers with the same KV6 and the same jatco auto box.

The reason I am asking is because I cannot find this texaco "special" oil nowhere arround, but I know there is a big rangerover dealer/workshop in the nearby city and I think they are my chance of finding that autobox oil and change it.

thanks
I contacted Texaco. They still make the oil in 25 litre drums so I bought 1 for £35 which is cheap if you know the MG Rover price

1 - 7 of 7 Posts