MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't find any information on the Timing Belt/Chain on the Rover 75 2.5V6 engine.
Can anyone tell me if it is a belt or a chain, and does it need changing at 4 years old, or when?
Many Thanks in anticipation,
GPa.

·
Banned
9,909 Posts
It's belts, three of them, and they need changing at 6 years or 90k miles, whichever comes first. Not a cheap job at all (£800 plus at dealer) but if you can get to Coventry then member on here Lates can do you a good deal.

hth

Mike :)

·
Banned
9,909 Posts
lates said:
Only a rumour MikeM, good deals dont exist - the best ones do if you know where to shop :stir: ;)
That's what I'm banking on Lates :) I work on the principle that if you get the best price then ask them about the better one still ;)

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
GPa said:
I can't find any information on the Timing Belt/Chain on the Rover 75 2.5V6 engine.
Can anyone tell me if it is a belt or a chain, and does it need changing at 4 years old, or when?
Many Thanks in anticipation,
GPa.
Have you just bought one of the countless V6's cropping up on Ebay or Autotrader with around 90K on the clock and now in need of a very expensive service?

That seems to be around the mileage people sell them on and leasing companies move them into the auction houses

·
Registered
5,662 Posts
I bought the cam tools last year Keith as you say 75/zt's were coming to that time in their life where rep wagons are getting to 90k and private cars were near 6 years old.

·
Registered
685 Posts
See the local area forums for my cambelt experience and costs in Australia. A proper job is more important than a bargain price.

·
Registered
5,662 Posts
Couldn't agree more, do not go for the cheapest go for the best and if its the cheapest then its a brucey bonus :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Timing Belts

Thanks MikeM, you've told me what I wanted (needed) to know; that means I've got 2 years to save up, - or move to Coventry!
Thanks again, GPa.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts