MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys thanks for the info on the ticking noise, it is the waste gate actuator arm loose, am going to try and sort it this sat, any tips. Anyway the clutch bite is too low, sometimes it crunches into reverse and you have to play on other occasions to get it into first, its ok once moving, is the bite adjustible, cant find the adjuster so am thinking it must be a hydraulic clutch, how or can it be adjusted.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
dunga said:
Hi guys thanks for the info on the ticking noise, it is the waste gate actuator arm loose, am going to try and sort it this sat, any tips. Anyway the clutch bite is too low, sometimes it crunches into reverse and you have to play on other occasions to get it into first, its ok once moving, is the bite adjustible, cant find the adjuster so am thinking it must be a hydraulic clutch, how or can it be adjusted.
The only thing you can do is bleed the clutch - this might help.

There is a bleed nipple on the slave cylinder on the front bottom of the gearbox (if i remember correctly). Make sure you apply lots of WD40 to the nipple the night before as they have a habit of breaking off sometimes.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Bleeding a ti clutch is a pain in the ass!
I had a right pain when I decided to do mine, I would recomend 2 ppl doing it.

The clutch or rather the peddle is adjustable, if you look at the back of the peddle you can see the push rod with a locking nut by moving this you can move the peddle hight.
Dont adjust too mutch the piston in the master cylender will be damaged if you do also you may end up with clutch slip when it's walm.

The PG1 box allways crunches going into reverse and first is a pain.
Going into reverse try selecting 3rd first.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts