MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.farmerandcarlisle.co.uk/mg/tf/18-135-le-500-2-dr-fj58yay

It looks very nice - 18k miles, serial number 644 (does that make it number 393 of 500?), sticker price £7,975.

I put it here because the Toyota dealership in Loughborough (Farmer & Carlisle) have clearly reduced the sticker price by a grand and, although I have no idea of a good price, they might be interested in doing a deal for less.

Don't know how far the premium you pay to buy from a well-respected forecourt makes sense if the cars are Toyotas. The car possibly came from Luffield originally (virtually next door).

I have no financial interest in this car and no connection with the dealership - just thought someone from here might be interested in driving a deal.

Luffield also have two modern TFs on their forecourt, but they are newer and more expensive.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Looks a very nice car. Being realistic though, is there any real reason to pay a 4/5k premium for this over one of the last MG-R cars?

I know which I'd be buying.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
Seems expensive for a 4 year old MGTF.

My first TF was £8k when 2 years old with only 8k on the clock.

I think CJJ may have done better with his 2 year old LE?

·
Super Moderator
11,047 Posts
I couldn't bring myself to pay that kind of money for one of these cars. Not when I think back to 1984 when I drove away with a new XR3i (plus all the right bits too) for seven grand. But guess I am just living in the past. Opps there goes another song :D

·
Registered
mg_zr
917 Posts
Looks nice but from my experience cars begin to show wear from stone chips from about 15K miles onwards so this may not seem quite so new upon closer inspection.

·
Registered
36,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks nice but from my experience cars begin to show wear from stone chips from about 15K miles onwards so this may not seem quite so new upon closer inspection.
TBH I saw it as I walked past and it looked really nice.

There are other LE500s with much lower mileage - did the dealer just get the price wrong, or did he misread residuals? As I say, I have no idea what the price should be, but it looks like they are open to a deal. Pitch it low enough and Luffield will be interested themselves lol!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts