MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
rover_75
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How will fitting the 52mm throttle body affect my insurance. I do not want to have invalid insurance do to not notifying the company of the change and as I'm in my 50's it shouldn't cahange too much should it?

·
Registered
47 Posts
You Should Notify Them Of Any Modifications As It Will Affect Your Insurance And Push It Al Ittle But As Your 50 Not Much

Insurance Campanies Will Find Any Excuss To Hold Onto Their Money!

·
Premium Member
54,941 Posts
Declare it, but it shouldn't make much difference.

·
Registered
14,750 Posts
They make no difference really unless you are bothering to do other mods - unless it is a 200vi.

Yes you should declare.

However, have you seen the difference?
One is black plastic, the 52mm is alloy silver.
Tiny aint it...

So..
How about if yours stuck (Sticking throttle body can happy)
And you went to the scrapyard to get a cheap replacement (as the Rover parts are thin on the ground)
And they only have a ZR160 in. So you take the throttle body without knowing it is any bigger or better...

Just showing you that yes you should, but in reality, not a big set of chrome wheels or huge exhaust now is it...:D

·
Premium Member
54,941 Posts
No, insurance fraud is insurance fraud.

Always play it safe.

·
Registered
rover_75
86 Posts
Ermm.what is a throttle body?
Really I don't know, I understand Carburettors and stuff but all this new tackle baffles me, so what is a throttle body and what does it do?

·
Premium Member
54,941 Posts
Throttle body in old terms is pretty much the butterfly valve and electronic choke / idle control. Difference is the jet have moved to the injectors on the fuel rail.

Hope this helps as an explanation.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts