MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just got a R 45 and the previous owner was a smoker. It doesn't smell too bad, but as a slight asthmatic, I am aware of the smell.

My question - what's the best way or product to use to get rid of the smell?

Thanks
Henry

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
henryrym said:
I've just got a R 45 and the previous owner was a smoker. It doesn't smell too bad, but as a slight asthmatic, I am aware of the smell.

My question - what's the best way or product to use to get rid of the smell?

Thanks
Henry
Tried febreeze? It will at least overpower the old smell, wether it gets rid of the smell for good......well its worth a try for a few quid.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Dont be such a panzy, I bet the previous guy smoked 50 cigs a day to create that aroma.

SErious though lashings of febrezze oughta do the trick.

·
Never forgotten
16,723 Posts
Clean all the plastic bits and the glass then put some bicarbonate of soda in the door pockets or somewhere similar to soak up the remaining smell.

·
Registered
28,089 Posts
A good valeters will be able to do stuff to it but it will cost you , these guys aint cheap , febreeze a good air freshner and lots of driving with the windows open .

Also when cleaning - as said above clean all the plastic parts really well - dashboard door cards etc these all hold smells really well

Has it got leather seats ? if so be carefull; what you put on them febreeze wont do them any good - use some leather cleaner and leather cream after that - that stuff smells so strong you wont notice the **** any longer

1 - 6 of 6 Posts