MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a problem, my wife put her seatbelt on today, and when she wanted to get out it wouldn't release. It is stuck solid in the clip, the red button wont move at all. Any suggestions how to release it ? If its stuffed, how do i remove it and will a 400 one fit from a scrappy.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Got a problem, my wife put her seatbelt on today, and when she wanted to get out it wouldn't release. It is stuck solid in the clip, the red button wont move at all. Any suggestions how to release it ? If its stuffed, how do i remove it and will a 400 one fit from a scrappy.
I may have a couple of the centre pieces from my old 45 seats, I presume you mean the front seats where it is fastened to the seat. I'll have a look in the garage tomorrow, I think I kept them when I broke the seats up after changeing to ZS seats.
You might have to break the bit with the red button though to release it, try WD40 in it to see if it releases it and maybe a pair of pliers on the button to apply more force.

Oh - is your wife a permanent fixture in the car now or did you manage to extracate her.....

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers, will have a go at it tomorrow. Do you have to remove the seat to get the clip off the side of it. I managed to get her out by undoing the mount down by the sill, allowing her to slip the belt over her head and get out. Mind you, it was tempting to leave her there stuck for a while.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Cheers, will have a go at it tomorrow. Do you have to remove the seat to get the clip off the side of it. I managed to get her out by undoing the mount down by the sill, allowing her to slip the belt over her head and get out. Mind you, it was tempting to leave her there stuck for a while.

Looking at the access I would thing so unless you can move it back far enough - I had the seats out so didn't have the problem.

If you do remove them you will need a large Torx bit I had to buy one when I swapped mine, cant remember the size off hand, I can tell you tomorrow though....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts