MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reference: 45 Diesel Fuel Pump Faulty

My vehicle still runs (just); however driving is hard when the 45 only picks up from 2500 to 4000 RPM!

*The fuel pump is not operating fully/properly*

Does anyone know the solution without buying an expensive new pump?

I notice those that sell pumps also require your old one as a deposit (obviously they are repairable!!!)

Any help gratefully appreciated

Dan Hughes

·
Registered
10,841 Posts
i think some places recondition your fuel pump if its faulty. Just a quick question, how do you know its fuel pump? has it already been diagnosed?

IIRC a brand new pump is fairly expensive

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, diagnosed as fuel pump.

Outrageous price to repair is £850 plus VAT

Does anyone know the price to re-condition?

Best rgs Dan

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
4,589 Posts
hughesd said:
Reference: 45 Diesel Fuel Pump Faulty

My vehicle still runs (just); however driving is hard when the 45 only picks up from 2500 to 4000 RPM!

*The fuel pump is not operating fully/properly*

Does anyone know the solution without buying an expensive new pump?

I notice those that sell pumps also require your old one as a deposit (obviously they are repairable!!!)

Any help gratefully appreciated

Dan Hughes
Have unplugged the maf sensor?

If not, do it and see if it makes any difference.

Poor performance below 2000 -2500 is often down to this and a Mafam can usualy cure it completely and is a lot cheaper!

Ron

·
Registered
rover_45
42 Posts
I had a similar problem with my 45, lack of power & wouldn't rev past 4000rpm - I traced it to the pulse width modulation signal not altering the injection timing solonoid in the pump - ended up having a new ECU circuit board fitted & calibrated at a Bosch service agent costing £632 inc vat - this was cheaper than an exchange pump.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts