MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi there,

Can anyone help me with an INTERIOR LIGHT / CENTRAL LOCKING problem? The interior light does not come on when door/s open. However if i manually turn it on the light itself does not come on BUT...the red door open light on the dash does. It goes on & off with the switch. It also comes on when i open the door but this time it goes of slowly when i close it; a few seconds maybe. Am i right in thinking the courtesy light has a delay on it? Also when i lock the car with key - no fob, it almost straight away unlocks itself. Same if you push button down while sitting in car. Are they related perhaps? Is there a "multi function unit" ala rover 200? Any ideas / help greatly appreciated.

Best regards, Steve.

·
Registered
240 Posts
A few ideas:

1. is the bulb in the interior light ok and the correct one?
2. strange electrical behaviour and interaction between things can sometimes be down to an earthing fault. A circuit diagram would be useful in working out where the earthing points are. This might explain why the dash light is working like the courtesy light
3. are the doors shutting fully as if not then this might confuse the central locking?
4. are all the door switches in good condition?
5. The courtesy light does have a delay but I don't recall it fading the dashboard light!

Not sure if this helps,

Peter

1 - 2 of 2 Posts