MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
rover_200_coupe
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive gota 416si,the head has been skimmed couple of months ago and dont seem to of had any problems,but recently under load at low revs,ive noticed the engine Pinking more when its warmed up, cambelt timing is good but with these engines you cannot adjust ignition distributer manually..ive read in this forum you can have a Knocking sensor?? never heard of one though..does anyone have a good soulution to this problem? and can the timing be reset (adjusted) at a tuning garage? any help cheers

·
Registered
17,398 Posts
Probably over skimmed. Try using higher octane fuel such as Shell V power. I doubt the ignition timing can be altered as that is taken care of by the ECU and it's not programmable.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
if it has some sort of a dizzy there anythings possible

i dont know the engine

but i suppose you could file elongated mounting holes and turn it a bit.

all the best.mark

·
Registered
rover_200_coupe
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Will change all plugs leads cap see if they make a difference, ive also thought about modding the distributer so it can be adjusted before, the head has been skimmed nearly too the limit,was full of holes,im sure its messed the timing up though.. is this a problem with all heavely skimmed K series engines?? oh yeah Distributer is fixed type bolted to end of cam,

·
Registered
rover_200_coupe
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers "ashy" took all the leads,Distributer rotor arm off and swapped them off a spare engine and closed all the gaps up on the plugs "for now" till i get some new ones,coz there were huge gaps,and its not pinking now..cheers, Now to keep my fingers crossed it makes it to Santapod next week!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts